Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    The next digital filter inside the DAC must change that impulse again. Most likely it just ads some pre-ringing and more.
    One of the advantages of upsampling is that the next filtering can be done at frequencies well beyond human hearing.

Any graph that illustrates the real signal at the analog exit would be nice.
    The Meridian 808.2 analogue output is probably the best example that I know of. It's nice an clean, and with no pre-ringing.

Besides that i once upsampled some songs offline and played them. If it changed anything then it was wose on my Transporter. Of cause that wasn┤t with that much effort when i tried.
    I think it would be quite easy to produce something worse without careful consideration of the algorithm.

Thanks but still i don┤t know what comes out of the Transporter when upsampled that way. I┤d like to know how the AK DAC inside and the output stage behind changes all this. Besides that all that "magic" filtering they try to sell us now is known since ages. To me most of their claimes smell like pure marketing bs.
    Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers

Upsampling as far as I know is usually built into a DSP chip (e.g. by swiss Anagram Technologies) preceding the DAC..
    and here is the question: actually, what we do here is undergoing two filtering stages, right? 2nd (digital) one is that fast/slow roll-off in AKM

So 3rd one are the OPs in the exit? If so, they have a very high lowpass but they must be acting like one.
    Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers