Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 63 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > The so-called "scrolling bug" on the free app isn't a simple
    > inconvenience, it's debilitating. To be polite, it makes the free app
    > completely useless on some hardware. There doesn't seem to have been an
    > update in 6 months, notwithstanding numerous complaints about it being
    > broken.

Please test the pre-release build you can find here:
    http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=17528

I'm trying to get this out asap.

--

Michael
    The scrolling function seems to work properly now. I tried it on various screens - Albums, Genres, Playlists, Music Folder, current playlist, all the places where before it was unreadable worked "normally". I'm very pleased, it should be quite usable and useful now. (Thanks to Jeff for answering what I guess was a dumb question, on how to install it)

I did find one bit of erratic behavior. What I did was to scroll through different listings, as above, and then added various things to the current playlist. I then attempted to save that new "current playlist", as a playlist, using the command to do so at the bottom of "current playlist". The screen changed properly, but when I touched the input field for the keyboard to appear, the input area at the top started dancing up and down. It disappeared into the upper edge of the display, then dropped down to reappear, then back up, etc. The keyboard didn't move. I was able to enter the new playlist name. When the keyboard was retracted, the dancing stopped. The Playlist was saved in the proper folder on the Win XP PC running SBS.

My phone is an HTC Incredible 2.

Thank you for your work on this.

[ANNOUNCE] SqueezeCommander 0.9 for Android

> "current playlist". The screen changed properly, but when I touched the
    > input field for the keyboard to appear, the input area at the top
    > started dancing up and down. It disappeared into the upper edge of the
    > display, then dropped down to reappear, then back up, etc. The

Yep, unfortunately that's still an issue (not limited to HTC this time).
    You would also see it in the search screen etc.. I'm tempted to still
    release this build, as at least it does work again on HTC/Gingerbread
    devices.

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=17575

--

Michael

Guys I know, it's a long time since the last update and there are still some open bugs.
    Sorry for that, but I'm currently in "parent time" with my son and that somewhat limits my time.

But I'm working on the next release now and I'll promise you that the next bugfix release is coming soon. "Soon" as in days not in months. :-)

And my presence here on the forum should also be much more often again.
    Christian

Home of SqueezeCommander - The SqueezeBox Remote Control App for Android

BTW: As the current release still has problems with some servers (DB sync does not work) and renders the app unusable:

Anyone having major problems with 0.9.6.x can drop me a line by email ( android ATT flattermann DOTT net ) and I'll send you the old 0.9.5 release that you can use until the problems are sorted out.

Please use the subject "SqueezeCommander Downgrade" as I still have some issues with my spam filter (it does not work at the moment and I'm kind of DOSed by 1k mails per day).

Any mail with "SqueezeCommander" in the subject will be moved to a special folder, so please make sure to add this to the subject.

Thanks.
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by socistep View Post
    I've concluded the author developed a decent product, made some money and disappeared leaving us with a buggy product and him upgrading to an executive box at Borussia Dortmund :-)
    Sound like a plan, but no, sorry, I'm still around.

(But I can understand your anger and I'm really sorry. But I promise you that I'll be much more active again now.)
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Flowerday View Post
    Squeezecommander works for me, just can't download flacs from the server so I'll keep using it until it doesn't work. Can't go back to an iPhone, now that I've tasted the Android Koolaid.
    BTW: That will definitely work in the next update.
    (If you mean the .flc -> .flac thing)

Why I'm so sure about that?
    Because I fixed it today. :-)
    Christian

Thanks, we look forward to it!

Hi Christian,

Congratulations on fatherhood. I've got 3-kids in my home and all have SB radios in their rooms. The oldest has a Motorola Defy (Android) phone as well. We definitely favor Android products with a total of 3 Android smartphones and a WiFi XOOM tablet. My kids also have 2G iPod Touch's with iPeng, so we have a range of devices and apps to power our SB experience.

Having been an iPeng user long before owning an Android phone, initially, if given a choice, I would reach for the iPod touch rather than my Android phone to control the tunes. However, the more I used SqueezeCommander, the more I liked it. Don't get me wrong, iPeng rocks, but the Swype text input advantage of Android over iOS makes all the difference in the world for doing searches.

SqueezeCommander is currently heads and shoulders above all the other Android control options. What troubles me the most for our devices is:

1. SqueezeCommander is unusable on Honeycomb, attempting to browse artists in my Rhapsody Library immediately crashes the app

2. WiFi connection issues with SqueezeCommander on the phones

Impact of #1 to us is far worse as I am forced to use the logi app which though decent, is no match for iPeng or S-Comm. We still use SqueezeCommander on a Moto Droid-X and HTC MyTouch 4g (Glacier) on a daily basis, working thru the connection hiccups. In comparison, the issues with Honeycomb are so severe that I've uninstalled SqueezeCommander on the XOOM for the time being.

Is there a formal bug process or can I help you with more info on the above items?

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by TechHome View Post
    1. SqueezeCommander is unusable on Honeycomb, attempting to browse artists in my Rhapsody Library immediately crashes the app

2. WiFi connection issues with SqueezeCommander on the phones
    1. Is caused by an undocumented change in the Honeycomb API.

That caused all Lists to crash the App.
    I've tried to work around it and it works on most lists now, but apparently not on the mentioned list.

I'll try to fix this ASAP. If you are interested in testing the beta once I've fixed it, please drop me a line ( android ATT flattermann DOTT net ).
    Unfortunately, I cannot try Rhapsody here in Germany...

That should at least make the app usable on Honeycomb until the real tablet version is finished.

2. Do you mean frequent reconnects within SqueezeCommander?
    Christian

Is there a formal bug process or can I help you with more info on the above items
    There's a bug tracker at
    http://www.squeezecommander.com/trac/
    Christian

I think this should be fixed now.

http://www.squeezecommander.com/trac/ticket/467

Drop me a line if you want to try this fix.
    Christian