Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reinholdk
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Apesbrain
    and use WakeupOnStandBy to resume your PC a minute before the scheduled scan. You can have this happen every night or less often depending on how you configure WOSB.
    You don't even need an additional tool to accomplish this. It can be done with Win7's built-in Task Scheduler.

Just type "task" in the start button's search field and select Task Scheduler from the list. Then click on 'Create Basic Task' and specify when to launch it. As the action to perform you could run any program or simply display a message. Before pressing the Finish button, select the check box to open the properties of the new task. There you can specify that the user doesn't need to be logged on (you can specify the user and password for the account under which to perform the task). On the Conditions tab of the properties you need to select the check box 'Wake the computer to run this task' and you're done.

(I don't know whether the external tool mentioned above has some other features you would like to use.)

Comment

• verypsb
      • May 2008

When I use Squeezecommander to browse through my music on my Nexus 7, it doesn't show any songs. It lists artist and albums, but am unable to select a song. The logitech app and Orange Squeeze don't exhibit this problem. Is this a known issue?
      Please vote:
      bug 1330 New music should work on creation date
      bug 17963 New and changed doesn't handle changed files
      bug 17799 Use a separator such as 'Also appears on' when viewing the albums by an artist
      bug 18054 Add support for 'Set Subtitle'/'Disc Subtitle' (ID3v2.4 TSST/ID3V2.3 TIT3)
      1x Boom, 1x Classic, 4x Controller, 1x Radio, 4x Receiver, 2x Touch

Comment

• pippin
        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by verypsb
        When I use Squeezecommander to browse through my music on my Nexus 7, it doesn't show any songs. It lists artist and albums, but am unable to select a song. The logitech app and Orange Squeeze don't exhibit this problem. Is this a known issue?
        Well, since you are obviously having issues with OrangeSqueeze, too (as I read from the post you made in the OrangeSqueeze thread at the same time), I would guess it's something with your setup.

What you describe sounds to me like you have lost the connection to the server or the server is down. SqueezeCommander caches albums and artists so you can still browse them when the server stops responding, but when you want to open an album, it needs to retrieve the tracks and that fails.

Me thinks the problem is actually the same one you are seeing with OrangeSqueeze just with different symptoms, you write that OrangeSqueeze complains about a loss of connection (or that it can't connect), which fits.

Please check whether your server is reachable and running fine. Have a look at "Settings->Information" in the web interface, maybe it's stuck scanning.
        ---
        learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
        Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
        at penguinlovesmusic.com
        New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Comment

• verypsb
          • May 2008

Thanks for your reply, but these are really seperate issues. The logitech app is the only app that works (but isn't very user friendly or complete). Squeezecommander doesn't have connection problems, but doesn't allow me to select tracks, so it's useless. Orange Squeeze works, but has connection problems. (stop an d strat app, it works again) Why, I don't know.... The webinterface always works. So, I think it's a bit too easy to say that it is a network problem...

Squeezecommander: clear cache and resync lets me select tracks again... I think both apps don't like the multiple user environment on android 4.2.2
          Last edited by verypsb; 2013-02-15, 15:14.
          Please vote:
          bug 1330 New music should work on creation date
          bug 17963 New and changed doesn't handle changed files
          bug 17799 Use a separator such as 'Also appears on' when viewing the albums by an artist
          bug 18054 Add support for 'Set Subtitle'/'Disc Subtitle' (ID3v2.4 TSST/ID3V2.3 TIT3)
          1x Boom, 1x Classic, 4x Controller, 1x Radio, 4x Receiver, 2x Touch

Comment

• pippin
            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by verypsb
            So, I think it's a bit too easy to say that it is a network problem...
            I didn't say it's a network problem, I said it might be a problem with your setup.
            Did you check Settings->Information?

Not sure about the Multiuser environment on 4.2.2, I believe I remember somebody else was having issues with this with one of the Apps before, indeed. But with 4.2.2 in general: I'm using both Apps on a Nexus 7 with Android 4.2.2 without any issues like you describe them.
            ---
            at penguinlovesmusic.com

Comment

• sponsford
              • Nov 2011

How do I add just one song to playlist not whole album?

I purchased this great little app for my Nexus 10 and it is working well. I found the playlist option for the default behaviour where I can get it to add to end rather than play and kill the playlist, all great.

The weird thing is that it seems that if I select a song now, yes it adds it to the end but it puts all the songs from the current album into the playlist, but if I set the option to show the context menu, the "add to end" option there only adds the song I selected - as it should be.

My player setting on the squeezebox server is to only add the selected song.

How can I stop SC adding all songs from the album instead of just the song I selected?

Comment

• pippin
                • Oct 2007

Is this a local album or something from Spotify, Rhapsody,....
                ---
                at penguinlovesmusic.com

Comment

• sponsford
                  • Nov 2011

It's albums on the squeezebox server (NAS).

Comment

• itm
                    • May 2008

My LMS server (v7.7.1 on Windows 2008) hangs if I use the search option from Squeeze Commander. Search also hangs on the web interface if I try to do a global search (i.e. without specifying song search). I can work around this using the Logitech Android controller app by selecting "My Music", then "Songs" then "Search". This option isn't available in SqueezeCommander however. Is there a way of telling SqueezeCommander to do a song search to prevent the global search from causing the server to hang? (I have about 83,000 tracks/5,500 albums)

Comment

• rbz5416
                      • Jun 2007

Has anyone else lost the WoL feature?

For some reason SC will no longer wake my WHS box from standby, yet the Touch & Radios do as does the WHS Console Wake Server utility.

Comment

• esa
                        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by itm
                        My LMS server (v7.7.1 on Windows 2008) hangs if I use the search option from Squeeze Commander. Search also hangs on the web interface if I try to do a global search (i.e. without specifying song search). I can work around this using the Logitech Android controller app by selecting "My Music", then "Songs" then "Search". This option isn't available in SqueezeCommander however. Is there a way of telling SqueezeCommander to do a song search to prevent the global search from causing the server to hang? (I have about 83,000 tracks/5,500 albums)
                        With SC 0.9.6.1, in the search menu, there is a little symbol near the search box where it is possible to select a global Search or Local search.
                        If you select Local search, it search only in your music library.
                        If you select Global search, It ask where you want to search by proposing a list of possibilities (My Music, Deezer, ...).

My configuration :
                        Version : 7.5.5 - r32671 on a Linux ATOM D525.

With +/- 20000 Track with 2500 album it is instantaneous in SC.

In the Web interface, if I put nothing in the search box, it doesn't make the search.
                        So, I try with "a" : it give the result in less than 20 seconds (+/-3500 results).

You can reduce the number of track to make a test and see if the problem is related to the number of track.

Did you check the server LOG (increase the LEVEL if necessary ). Try different search and check the LOG.

Best Regards
                        ASUS S1 D525 ATOM with 2GB on Linux Gentoo i686-linux
                        Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 (Previous Version : 7.7.3 - 7.5.5 - r32671)
                        Perl Version: Perl Version: 5.20.2 - i686-linux-thread-multi (5.18.2 - i686-linux-thread-multi)
                        Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1) (Previously : MySQL : 5.1.70)
                        1 x Squeezebox Touch : 7.8.0-r16754 (7.5.1-r9009) + 1 x Squeezebox Boom + 1 x Squeezebox Receiver
                        Squeeze Lite on Raspberry
                        SqueezeCommander (0.9.6.1) on ACER A1-810

Comment

• itm
                          • May 2008

Originally posted by esa
                          With SC 0.9.6.1, in the search menu, there is a little symbol near the search box where it is possible to select a global Search or Local search.
                          If you select Local search, it search only in your music library.
                          If you select Global search, It ask where you want to search by proposing a list of possibilities (My Music, Deezer, ...).

My configuration :
                          Version : 7.5.5 - r32671 on a Linux ATOM D525.

With +/- 20000 Track with 2500 album it is instantaneous in SC.

In the Web interface, if I put nothing in the search box, it doesn't make the search.
                          So, I try with "a" : it give the result in less than 20 seconds (+/-3500 results).

You can reduce the number of track to make a test and see if the problem is related to the number of track.

Did you check the server LOG (increase the LEVEL if necessary ). Try different search and check the LOG.

Best Regards
                          Thanks for the reply. For some reason I'm unable to select "Local Search" - it stays greyed out whenever I click on it. Global Search is permanently highlighted. Any idea why this should be?

Comment

• pippin
                            • Oct 2007

Because you are using MySqueezebox.com instead if your server?

But just to be clear: GLOBALSearch should be the fast option for you, Local search is what causes the load on your server.

Global search will just present an intermediate menu.
                            ---
                            at penguinlovesmusic.com

Comment

• itm
                              • May 2008

Originally posted by pippin
                              Because you are using MySqueezebox.com instead if your server?

But just to be clear: GLOBALSearch should be the fast option for you, Local search is what causes the load on your server.

Global search will just present an intermediate menu.
                              I'm not using MySqueezebox.com, I'm connected to my LMS server. Doesn't this mean that ALL of my searches should be local???

Comment

• toby10
                                • Jul 2007

No, Global Search also searches stations & streaming services online. In fact it's a handy tool for doing so.

Comment

Working...