Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 60 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Well, I can relieve you on the latter part: he did already have pretty much one of the best seats you can get in Dortmund's stadium before so no reason for updating.
    And a real fan would never ever go to an executive box, wouldn't he?

No, I'd really tend to believe he's probably still very busy with his new-born son and moving into his new home.
    haha that is true, I wouldn't ever go in an executive box out of choice - however my Dad won a competition at work for a box at Old Trafford in April so I will watch Everton (lose) for the first time in a posh box!

I think you are right Pippin however it is frustrating for the users who have invested in the product that we aren't getting the support - you'd never have that on ipeng...

No, I'd really tend to believe he's probably still very busy with his new-born son and moving into his new home.
    It's awesome that he has new priorities in his life, but he has also sold something to customers and some of these customers are having issues...

When a store or business closes for a period of time, or for good, there's usually some communication of what customers should expect.

It's too bad that the guy didn't feel the need to spend 5 minutes to do something like that on his website. I hope nothing is seriously wrong with him. In the absence of that (which would make his disappearance understandable), one can only wonder.

Honeycomb Opportunity

We've been with the Squeezebox line since the release of the Squeezebox 2. Our house now has 9 players fed by a Vortexbox, used by myself, my wife and 3 kids. We have gone from controlling with the IR remote & web browser, thru the Nokia 770 and on to iPeng & Squeeze Commander. With our preference for Android smartphones, I've grown equally as fond of Squeeze Commander & iPeng. We now have a XOOM, running 3.2 Honeycomb and have not been able to find a Squeezebox control app that is fully functional. Squeeze Commander crashes when, for example I try to browse Rhapsody artists in My Library. I tried all apps in the Android market that claim to control Squeezeboxes, and they all have issues, including the oficfial logitech app, which among other shortcomings cannot play tracks in Rhapsody at all.

Very disappointing to not be able to use the XOOM to control the tunz.

Flatterman, we miss you and your talents, please come back!

Coolio, Any chance iPeng / iPengHD could be ported to Android? Seems like there is a growing market...

Doug

With the free Logitech App out there I don't think there really is a growing market and porting something so heavy on UI as iPeng would mean a complete re-write.
    I hope flattermann shows up again (I'm actually somewhat concerned about this being something serious, too), his App still has the best basis for something good on Android and I believe he also already put quite a bit of work into a tablet version.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 7, the Universal App for iOS 7

I also had what looked like connection errors when I upgraded to 7.6.1 from 7.5.x. They went away after a "clear cache" in squeeze commander settings...

With the free Logitech App out there I don't think there really is a growing market
    The so-called "scrolling bug" on the free app isn't a simple inconvenience, it's debilitating. To be polite, it makes the free app completely useless on some hardware. There doesn't seem to have been an update in 6 months, notwithstanding numerous complaints about it being broken. Maybe Logitech has decided to simply leave it as is and not fix it. Too bad if so.

So what to do with both the hardware manufacturer's free app and the functionality leader's one (Squeeze Commander) both seemingly abandoned? Maybe the only solution is to buy an I-Thing and use Ipeng?

Quote Originally Posted by Goodsounds View Post
    The so-called "scrolling bug" on the free app isn't a simple inconvenience, it's debilitating. To be polite, it makes the free app completely useless on some hardware. There doesn't seem to have been an update in 6 months, notwithstanding numerous complaints about it being broken. Maybe Logitech has decided to simply leave it as is and not fix it. Too bad if so.

So what to do with both the hardware manufacturer's free app and the functionality leader's one (Squeeze Commander) both seemingly abandoned? Maybe the only solution is to buy an I-Thing and use Ipeng?
    Squeezecommander works for me, just can't download flacs from the server so I'll keep using it until it doesn't work. Can't go back to an iPhone, now that I've tasted the Android Koolaid.

Oh. I thought Michael posted already a few weeks ago that he had an update and was looking for beta testers for his fix for the scrolling issue? What happened to that?

I admit that on _my_ current Android device the Logitech App never worked, it's simply too slow but I also don't really have issues using SqueezeCommander, it works with all recent SBS updates for me and interoperates well with bluegaspode's player.
    But then I mainly use it to play around, with some 5 iThingies around here I have no urgent need for an Android solution...
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 7, the Universal App for iOS 7

Oh. I thought Michael posted already a few weeks ago that he had an update and was looking for beta testers for his fix for the scrolling issue? What happened to that?
    That would be good news if true. I can't say I follow things here that closely.

I'd think there is market potential to the extent of all the new Droid sales each month. But I don't know for sure.