Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 53 of 101 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bluegaspode View Post
    But the database starts to count all IDs from the last used offset. So IDs get higher and higher after each rescan.
    Nope, since I'm doing a wipe they start over from 1.
    I've just checked it (I'm running 7.5.4, by the way).

Quote Originally Posted by T-bird View Post
    I have same phone running stock android 2.3.3
    Also same problem, no need to restart phone just toggle wifi off/on and I get connected.
    As long as I'm home I can quit the app and always get connected again without problem, leaving home so I loose my wifi I have the same connection problem again when I'm back

Another thing is it always sync a lot when connecting, my libaray is about 8K and sync always start somewhere round 2200 and counting down
    Hi T-Bird

Sounds like its a problem with our phone/version of android, I also have the same problem when leaving home and returning as you explained.

Christian - please can you review?

Thanks
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by sebp View Post
    Nope, since I'm doing a wipe they start over from 1.
    I've just checked it (I'm running 7.5.4, by the way).
    Definitely not the case for me (with 7.5.4). Why would a database restart the counter of it's auto-increment columns, just because some rows got deleted?
    But anyway: after a full wipe+rescan the client wouldn't know if anything else has changed (Covers+Tags) so needs to clear it's cache.
    If you read through old threads of pippin/iPeng you'd see how much trouble not consequently+automatically clearing the cache can cause.
    This unfortunately rather often leads to bad comments on the AppStore.

At least thats my opinion and I'll leave the discussion to flatterman, who has to decide abouts his own product
    Last edited by bluegaspode; 2011-05-17 at 03:34.
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

Quote Originally Posted by bluegaspode View Post
    Definitely not the case for me (with 7.5.4). Why would a database restart the counter of it's auto-increment columns, just because some rows got deleted?
    But anyway: after a full wipe+rescan the client wouldn't know if anything else has changed (Covers+Tags) so needs to clear it's cache.
    Depends on the DBMS in question, and how the data is cleared down...

I absolutely agree that removing some rows would not affect the auto Id values, or you'd end up with a corrupt db, but if one was to truncate the tables (in the case of a full refresh perhaps), in the right sequence, then with some DBMS's this would reset the auto IDs starting value, in fact with oracle you can specifically control the Sequences in Oracle to any starting value you want, but this can be a little dangerous.

Not sure about MySQL (my setup is still at 7.3.3), or SQLite however, I'm more Oracle/DB2/SQL Server.

I think the data caching is essential if you have a large collection or use large playlists, initially I wanted to go back to the original version of squeezecommander but now that the caching and synchronisation have settled down I prefer the new version, I'm also caching the album art on the phone which is a big help.

P.S. My phone is an HTC desire @ 2.2 with a 32Gb card
    Last edited by WAD62; 2011-05-17 at 03:56.
    Cheers Will

Auto Discovery

Christian,

I sent you a "beer" after version 0.9.6.1 got installed on my Nexus One. Cheers!

I have 2 servers running on my home network
    1- a stable Version 7.5.4 - r32171
    2- a beta Version: 7.6.0 - r32427

Each server runs on its own physical computer. For some time, I was able to connect to both servers. I am not sure what is going on, but after some windows updates and after installing the latest nightly build, automatic discovery doesn't find the server on 7.6.

I tried adding the server (with its FIXED ip address), but the server doesn't show in the list and thus cannot be controlled.

It is possible to get to the server using the browser on the phone pointing to port 9000.

Also same problem, no need to restart phone just toggle wifi off/on and I get connected.
    As long as I'm home I can quit the app and always get connected again without problem, leaving home so I loose my wifi I have the same connection problem again when I'm back
    I am having the same trouble on an HTC Desire-Z running Anroid 2.2.1, i.e. the latest official HTC ROM for that phone.

I don't have to go out of WiFi coverage for the problem to appear - just use SqueezeCommander in the morning then go back and try to use it later in the day and find my server is shown in the list as disconnected and choosing "Connect" does nothing - no error message and no indication of becoming connected.

I'm happy either to use this SqueezeCommander 0.9.2.! I really like it. Thanks for sharing it here.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by sle118 View Post
    Christian,

I sent you a "beer" after version 0.9.6.1 got installed on my Nexus One. Cheers!

I have 2 servers running on my home network
    1- a stable Version 7.5.4 - r32171
    2- a beta Version: 7.6.0 - r32427

Each server runs on its own physical computer. For some time, I was able to connect to both servers. I am not sure what is going on, but after some windows updates and after installing the latest nightly build, automatic discovery doesn't find the server on 7.6.

I tried adding the server (with its FIXED ip address), but the server doesn't show in the list and thus cannot be controlled.

It is possible to get to the server using the browser on the phone pointing to port 9000.
    I found the problem in the logs:
    Ignoring server as set in prefs: 192.168.10.133

I forgot that I ignored that server at some point in time. Removed it from the list and now I see it again. Feature working as designed!

App not available in Iceland

Hi.

Iceland was just added to countries that can buy apps on the Market. Apparently, apps that were on sale before that happened are still unavailable for purchase. Would it be possible for you to check specifically the Iceland check box so I can buy Squeezecommander? Right now I am unable to do that :-(

Best regards,
    -S

Another thing is it always sync a lot when connecting, my libaray is about 8K and sync always start somewhere round 2200 and counting down
    An update on my issues.

The last two days I haven't had any connection problems, and nothing is changed on my side.

Syncing is still the same
    1 x Touch
    1 x Radio
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1411111485 @ Sat Sep 20 04:21:59 UTC 2014 running on QNAP 219P
    Squeeze Commander
    Squeeze Player
    Phone: HTC Desire HD