Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by superkonge View Post
    Hi! I like the look of your program. The one that I use today is colourless and boring, but I live in Norway and we can't buy pay apps from android market. Can you put your program out on slideme.org too? Its like android market, but avaible for everyone and you get paid
    As requested, SqueezeCommander is now also available on SlideME.org:
    http://slideme.org/application/squeeze-commander

Have fun!
    Christian
    Christian

Home of SqueezeCommander - The SqueezeBox Remote Control App for Android

Searching for Beta testers

Right now, I'm searching for new beta testers with these Android devices:

- HTC Tattoo
    - Motorola Milestone

If you are interested, please contact me at
    sqcmdr (AT) flattermann (DOT) net.
    Christian

Hi,

Having tried the three free applications on the Android Market, I thought I'd try SqueezeCommander for 24 hours and decide if I wanted to keep it or get the purchase refunded. Within 30 minutes of playing with it I was hooked, and decided to keep it. It's a seriously impressive application and runs wonderfully on my HTC Magic with Android 1.6.

It takes a little while to get used to, but it's so fast and powerful that I felt I had to express my delight.

One thing that I'd like to see implemented is the option to have an icon in the notification area to quickly return to the application when it's running in the background. The free Squeezer has that, and is the only feature of the others that I miss so far.

With at least three free and two paid-for applications available for Android phones (and other devices), I think that means we Android & Squeezebox users have the widest choice of any operating system!

Someone should do a comparative review of the options available to us. I might have a go at that unless someone beats me to it in the next few weeks.

John

Next SqueezeCommander version

For your information:
    After having a lot on my plate in the last weeks, I've got some free time now and I'm currently working on the next SqueezeCommander release.

The next version, 0.9.3, will primarily include better support for Android 1.6/2.x.
    This version will now also work on HTC Tattoo.

Furthermore, I'd like to improve the support of the new Google Nexus One device.
    If you own such a device, please drop me a line at
    sqcmdr (AT) flattermann (DOT) net
    so that I can send you a beta version of SqueezeCommander.

Stay tuned - and have a nice day!
    Christian
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by testmatch View Post
    One thing that I'd like to see implemented is the option to have an icon in the notification area to quickly return to the application when it's running in the background. The free Squeezer has that, and is the only feature of the others that I miss so far.
    The problem with the notification area is that this breaks a bit the Android specs, because you need a special QUIT button to make this work. (Otherwise, the app would always stay in the notification area)
    But a QUIT button is not recommended in Android. You normally just "leave" the program (e.g. by pressing the HOME button) and it stays in the background until the memory is needed for another app.

But what about pressing the HOME key for a long time? :-)
    This Android shortcut shows you a list of your recently used apps!
    (I think this feature is very handy, but most people do not know it...)
    Christian

SqueezeCommander 0.9.3 released!

I'm happy to present you the brand-new release of SqueezeCommander.

This release fixes some known problems / crashes and also includes some nice new features.

It's the first SqueezeCommander release that supports the new low resolution Android phones like the HTC Tattoo. Also, the support for high resolution phones (e.g. the Google Nexus One) is improved.

Starting with this release, you can use MyApps and the AppGallery with SqueezeCommander!
    This allows the use of many more Apps than before, like e.g. Shoutcast, RadioIO, radio.de...

Besides the already implemented Lower-Volume-On-Calls feature, you can now also configure SqueezeCommander to pause the playback on incoming calls.

Have a lot of fun!

And remember:
    If you find any bugs or want to request a new feature, please do this in the Tracker at:
    http://www.squeezecommander.com/trac

Christian

SqueezeCommander 0.9.3.1 released!

Iĺve just uploaded SqueezeCommander 0.9.3.1 to the Android Market and to SlideME.org.

Version 0.9.3.1 is mostly a maintenance release that fixes some bugs found in version 0.9.3.

The download window will now show more infos about the current download (speed/ETA). Furthermore, you now have the option to configure the download path and filename format on your SD card for Music downloads from your server.

If you like Squeeze Commander, please give me a good rating.

If you find any bug/problem, please report it in the SqueezeCommander Tracker (http://www.squeezecommander.com/trac) so that I can fix it ASAP.
    Christian

Hi there

Tried your app some time ago and had a few issues, bugs and overlapping graphics on screens etc.

Overall a good app, so I have purchased again, this time for good, as you seem to be actively developing

Thanks for your hard work and here's to hoping for some nice updates in the future.

Would be great to get the app appearing as a device within the squeezebox device selection!

All the best.

I've just bought a Nexus One, my first Android device, and also own an iPod Touch with iPeng, so I was pleased to come across this. Great that there's an application which allows SC control on my phone, rather than having to sit with two near-identical devices within reach!

Christian, I'm happy to help with any N1 testing - have sent you an email.

The one biggest thing I notice having come from iPeng isn't necessarily missing functionality (ability to download from within the player is v cool for instance) so much as look and feel. Lists especially are big and chunky. Squeeze Control for instance looks better to my eye, and iPeng's new drag & drop for syncronizing players looks nicer and is more intuitive than the old way.

For all that, definitely the leading Android product at present and I was happy to shell out a few euros for it.

Oh, and I'm surprised this thread has got this far without anyone mentioning SqueezeCommander as a player :-)