Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Server doesn't start

After running Squeezebox server on linux boxes for the last 12 months, I've downloaded 7.4 & installed on on a Windows XP Pro PC. The software installation went OK, but the server refuses to start. In the Squeezebox server Control Panel under the diagnostics tab, there is an error message "Possible software conflict found".

If I start the server up with the "Run with no user extension" box ticked, the server starts briefly then stops.

The following error message was in the Event Viewer, but it's not attached to any particular application;

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Application ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Undefined subroutine &main::main called at slimserver.pl line 98.

I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3 on an AMD Sempron 3000 with 2 gig of RAM, running Norman Antivirus.

Any tips greatly appreciated

TIA

Peter

Norman the problem ?

I have the same problem, and running Norman as AV.

This is a known issue with both ESET and Norman. For Norman users there is a special build of 7.4 which will work. I think you can get it by contacting support@slimdevices.com. Will try and find the relevant post for you.
    Who am I on LAST.FM?
    "Siduhe Loved Tracks radio got the thumbs up. Feedback included: yeah, it's good... got the odd dodgy track tho..." (c) ModelCitizen

All I can find on the downloads page is 7.3 build for Norman users (which will at least get you up and running). You should contact support@slimdevices.com to ask them to post a 7.4 equivalent build.

http://downloads.slimdevices.com/SqueezeCenter_v7.3.3/
    Who am I on LAST.FM?
    "Siduhe Loved Tracks radio got the thumbs up. Feedback included: yeah, it's good... got the odd dodgy track tho..." (c) ModelCitizen