Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Inguz and 7.4

New try

Hi,
    can you try this?
    Revert to original plugin.pm and substitute ONLY row 391:

BEFORE:
    my @rootdirs = Slim::Utils::PluginManager:PluginRootDirs();

AFTER:
    my @rootdirs = Slim::Utils::PluginManager::dirsFor($thisapp,'enab led');

For me after restart, this works as in 7.3.3

Greetings, Alessandro

Classic EQ menu is WORKING now (can run EQ tests etc). Will check for EQ and DRC setting soon.

please correct this string in your post (you put space into word "enabled" - it may confuse people):
    AFTER:
    my @rootdirs = Slim::Utils::PluginManager::dirsFor($thisapp,'enab led');
    ----------here there is NO space between "b" and "l" LOL--------->
    NB: for unknown reason it LOOKS on forum screen as there is a space...

Could you inform exact revision of 7.4.2 build that you are using?
    mine is 7.4.2-28978

By the way : on original .pm file I _CAN_ enter EQ plugin settings page: it takes about 90 seconds to open it, then I see some settings there but can not change them as web page is loaded "with errors" (=corrupted content on screen)
    Last edited by Tehnolog; 2009-10-22 at 09:59.

Sure

I'll give it a shot tonight, thanks!

Ok, I tried EQ: no influence on sound... I tried 'Balance" , "Bass", "treble" - no result.

All "sound tests" in settings are working well: White and pink noise, Left and Right etc

Still did not try DRC (as I have no microphone at hands now).

Identical

Same result - functions appear functional but no actual effect.

I hope this thread doesn't die.....

I am really hoping somebody has a "fix" for Inguz with SC 7.4.

Thanks in advance!!

consider the alternatives

Has anyone here played around with the Brutefir plugin if Inguz is not going to be following SBS forward? Inguz took me a while to figure out - but at first glance Brutefir looks to have an even steeper learning curve.

I'm considering the SVS AS-EQ1. It's getting great reviews and is apparently very easy to use and affordable. Since a majority of the problems we're trying to correct are bass related, it should do the trick for those of using a sub. If anyone has tried some of Audyssey's other stuff the results are generally very impressive.
    Server: 2.4GHz Intel iMac w/ MacOS 10.7.3, SBS 7.7.2
    Sources: SB Touch, NAD C542, NAD T515
    Amplification: NAD C720BEE
    Loudspeakers: Paradigm Monitor 9 (v.7)
    Headphones: Grado SR60, Etymotic ER4P

http://www.last.fm/user/esbrewer

Good line of thinking . . .

I have three SB systems, the biggun, one in the livingroom, and one in the garage. The big system has a separate bass circuit from the preamp > professional EQ > stereo Pro amps > subs. It really represents The Ideal, as the mains are kept free of any fiddling and the sub frequencies, say 70 hz down, are fully in control. It's amazing how much getting the bass 'right' helps the rest of the spectrum. Tip of the day - if you're using subs, do you know where your phase is? It doesn't take much overlap/phase misalignment to Kill big chunks of bass in a room. Like 25 db kill. Get it right and all the speakers work way less with much-reduced distortion. It's quite shocking to me that many subs only supply a +/- control, but that's another topic . . .

In this setup, I likely won't be using Inguz, as I have a complete hardware/software suite. However, my garage system includes a pair of handbuilt single-driver, bass-reflex boxes. The speakers really would like a smaller room and better corner reinforcement. But the garage is as big as it is and corners aren't available. The setup actually sounds really good, way better than a garage should (and better than my livingroom setup). However, it needs a little massaging. It does make bass, but has the dreaded single-driver presence-band lift. So the bass is recessed.

Using my .mp3 player as source and goosing its EQ, which is way less sophisticated than Inguz', it comes into balance and sounds killer. If I could instead stream my lossless files and really tailor the speaks to that room, I'd be in tinkerer's heaven. As it is now, the .mp3 player sounds better than the SB, even with worse music files just because of the response curve.

The livingroom setup is a little thumpy in the bass, obvious port lift. I'd probably just measure the exact frequency, move Inguz frequency center to that location, and drop about 3 db - easy fix.

Only one of my 3 systems has any reasonable alternative to Inguz.

Additional hardware can do the job, but can also introduce other problems, especially transparency if used above the bass range. And that's my core point, please please please can Logitech just incorporate this as a feature? It seems only a matter of time before Hugh gets sick of following the never-ending software changes (which are fantastic btw) and gives up. Maybe he already has.

From a hardcore audiophile perspective, this is probably THE MOST IMPORTANT PLUGIN OF ALL. Period, bar none. It's such as huge advantage over the competition. You wouldn't need the DRC, just the EQ function. Anyway, sorry for the ramble.

Quote Originally Posted by miklorsmith View Post
    From a hardcore audiophile perspective, this is probably THE MOST IMPORTANT PLUGIN OF ALL. Period, bar none.
    Agreed 100%. Logitech....PLEASE LISTEN!!

Quote Originally Posted by Curt962 View Post
    Agreed 100%. Logitech....PLEASE LISTEN!!
    +1 without drc I will stop using the sb.

peter