Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ModelCitizen
    • May 2005

7.4: Suddenly: "this player is already registered to another user"

I've had this controller from new. It has connected to my SN account many times. I've just upgraded to 7.4 and now it won't connect to my SN account (not that I'm sure the two are related). When I attempt to access My Apps SN now reports "this player is already registered to another user etc etc".
    If I go to www.squeezenetwork.com the controller is still listed in my account as connected.

I've factory reset it a few times to no avail.

Has anyone any ideas what I might do?

A secondary question. Where can I re-enter my SN un and pw into the controller? So far the only way I've found to do this is by factory resetting it.

MC
    Last edited by ModelCitizen; 2009-09-28, 21:01.
    Take care of your tongue. It is in a wet place and can easily slip.

Lounge: Naim NDX with Touch as controller, Naim NAP 180, NAC 82, NAPSC, HiCap, Shahinian Arc speakers
    Kitchen/outside: Chromecast audio, Azatom iBigBoy 2 (500W)
    And... SB+, radios & tons of Chromecasts... all run from LMS and controlled via Material Skin on any nearby device and a couple of Touchs.
  • abem3
    • Jun 2008

Have you found the solution? I'm having the same problem...

Thanks

Comment

• jrichardson
      QA Puppy -flame retardant
      • Feb 2008

Try this then call support

Log onto MySB.com
      Go to the Player Section
      Delete your players

THEN

go to your Duet
      Factory reset BOTH devices, Receiver and Controller
      Walk through setup procedure
      Enter your existing account data

IF

the above does not work, then you need to call support.
      James R.
      QA - breaking things so you don't have to

Comment

• ModelCitizen
        • May 2005

Originally posted by jrichardson
        Log onto MySB.com
        Go to the Player Section
        Delete your players
        Golly, that's a bit scary, not to mention time consuming. Delete *all* of my players (6) and then add them back in?

Luckily I didn't have to do that. After a while all worked OK. I assumed that Logitech had rectified whatever MySqueezeBoxNetwork (or whatever) mac address database cockup had occurred.

MC
        Take care of your tongue. It is in a wet place and can easily slip.

Lounge: Naim NDX with Touch as controller, Naim NAP 180, NAC 82, NAPSC, HiCap, Shahinian Arc speakers
        Kitchen/outside: Chromecast audio, Azatom iBigBoy 2 (500W)
        And... SB+, radios & tons of Chromecasts... all run from LMS and controlled via Material Skin on any nearby device and a couple of Touchs.

Comment

• toby10
          • Jul 2007

I've tried the delete from MySB a few times on both MySB accounts (see below), no go.

It's Touch that is having issues. SB3, Boom, Radio all fine on MySB from the SN migration.

The odd thing is that the Touch "registers" itself on two different MySB accounts: My test-SN login and my legit MySB login (SN migration account). Touch will only allow me to register it to the test-SN account, but as soon as it does it shows up on BOTH accounts (same player name and same MAC address). But Touch can only be controlled via the test-SN account, my valid account never shows it connected just registered.

I suppose this might be why a few other users players are connecting to unknown MySB accounts? Connecting to multiple accounts?

Comment

• gfuchs
            • Aug 2009

Having a similar problem.
            Purchased a refurbished receiver.
            Installed 7.4 beta last week. Configured the recv. using NetUDAP.
            It connected to my server no problem, showed up on my test.squeezenetwork account.

This week I installed production 7.4.0
            My account on mysqueezebox says I don't have any players registered.
            Looking at server.log I see the "Duplicate player already assigned to another account, please contact Support" message.
            Went back to test.sq and deleted the player there.
            Did a factory reset of the player and started over.
            Same result.

Guessing my receiver may have connected to another account in the past since it was a refurb. ?

I sent an email to support, I image they are a little busy right now.
            Didn't think I needed to add to the phone calls.
            4 Radios, Touch, SBR, SC 7.5 on WHS

Comment

• abem3
              • Jun 2008

quick update.. reset did nothing.. so I sent an email as directed by the SB.. (duh!)

No response but magically about 24 hours later (saturday to sunday) "My Apps" is now functional. HTH...

Comment

Working...