Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs up

Dean, thanks for the informative reply. I could not ask for more. I have been a SB2 user for years. The SB Touch with the capability of attaching a USB HDD is a compelling upgrade to me.

I found the answer to filesystem question in another thread. That is why I edited my earlier post to remove the question on filesystem. At this point it suffice to know that there is plan to support NTFS in SC 8.0.1. I hope the plan stays on track. I am not a big fan of NTFS. But the reality is it is the most native FS for the Windows community and that it supports long file name.

Based on the feedback I am convinced that the SB Touch fits my needs very well.

About half of my Flac collection are tagged in UTF-8 Chinese chars. I wonder if I feed arialuni.ttf to TinySC, would SB Touch displays Chinese glyphs correctly on its screen? If not, would a future firmware update provide the fix? Is it a hardware limitation?

Thanks,
    KB
    Last edited by kbelinski; 2009-09-28 at 06:06.

Will the Touch pull embedded artwork from ALAC files if using a USB drive on the Touch?

SB touch USB drive access

On Sep 28, 2009, at 5:40 AM, shevans wrote:

>
    > Will the Touch pull embedded artwork from ALAC files if using a USB
    > drive on the Touch?

Yep, the scanner will be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by andyg View Post
    On Sep 28, 2009, at 5:40 AM, shevans wrote:

>
    > Will the Touch pull embedded artwork from ALAC files if using a USB
    > drive on the Touch?

Yep, the scanner will be the same.
    Many thanks Andy, good to know and will save me hours of time.
    SB Touch, TeddySB3 (PSU), QED Digit & Positron PSU, NVA P90sa passive pre-amp, NVA A40 monoblock's, Fostex FE206E based big purple people eaters! The Caiman+ went back...

Does the touch allow the USB drives to spin down and go into low power mode when not being used? That is the one big drawback to my current Linux server, it is a pain to do auto spindown on drives. This might make the touch that much more of a sound addition to my squeezebox lineup.