Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    psycho13
    And one more person who'd really like to test SqueezePlay on Maemo. Isn't there any way to upload binaries? There's even a garage on Maemo to upload files to: https://garage.maemo.org/projects/squeezeplay .

It would be so great to use SqueezePlay on an N800...

Hi there,

i'm tryin to Build Squeezeplay for my N900 but i get this error:
    Code:
    make[1]: Entering directory `/scratchbox/packages/squeezeplay-7.6/squeezeplay'
     cd . && /bin/sh /scratchbox/packages/squeezeplay-7.6/squeezeplay/config/missing --run automake-1.9 --foreign 
    Makefile.am: required file `config/compile' not found
    make[1]: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/scratchbox/packages/squeezeplay-7.6/squeezeplay'
    make: *** [squeezeplay] Error 2
    I build this in Maemo Scratchbox 1 on a Ubuntu 9.10 Host. Any Ideas whats missing?

Greets
    Phil

EDIT:

Ok i got it compiled. I will test this now on my N900. If somebody explain me how i had to change the Makefile.linux so i can build the install target i could make a deb Package.
    Last edited by Philro; 2010-03-30 at 02:34.

Hi there,

ok i got it. I've got a .deb file which installs fine on my N900.
    Whats about licence? I could send the deb file to some testers because there are several things that need to be changed. But i wouldn't hurt the licence...

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Philro View Post
    Hi there,

ok i got it. I've got a .deb file which installs fine on my N900.
    Whats about licence? I could send the deb file to some testers because there are several things that need to be changed. But i wouldn't hurt the licence...

Phil
    Was the environment for building it hard to set up? I would like to build it for my N770...

Hi there,

the environment isn't to complicated.
    I've installed Ubuntu 9.10 in VmWare and got all Updates. After that i installed the Maemo SDK descripted at maemo.org. And last but not least follow the ubuntu 7.10 Build instructions at the squeezebox WIKI inside the Maemo Scratchbox.

I wish i could distribute my VmWare but the Nokia binarys are not Open Source.

If i found a free hour this weekend i will write a HowTo

Phil

Thanks to this thread and this post : http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...6&postcount=44
    I now have squeezeplay (almost) running on my N800, wich is really great to control my SB touch 8)

Does anybody have a clean skin for WVGA display (800x480) ?
    I'm having such a pain customising the WQVGA one, and the fullscreen one that is in squeezeplay_desktop is quite broken :/

I'm sure 3guk will be along shortly, but this thread is definitely work watching for the 800x480 skin - http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...hlight=joggler

Hi e_esprit.. any chance of sharing the love.. unfortunately I am not close to being smart enough to figure this out for my N800.

Anything you can do to help me get this going will be very much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Stewart.

Hi,

You can download my binaries here :
    http://eesprit.free.fr/n800/squeezeplay-7.5.1-maemo.tgz

It is compiled from SVN r8709 (2010-04-16 15:20:03 +0200)

If it causes problems with anyone at Logitech for license questions or whatever, I will remove it, just ask

The tarball should be extracted from / and will install squeezeplay in /opt/squeezeplay and 2 files (/usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/hildon/jive.png /usr/share/applications/hildon/jive.desktop) for the desktop menu entry.

Then you can launch jive from the application menu.

Integration with hildon is not perfect, it would require a little more work :
    - when the screen go in sleep mode, jive exit from fullscreen, and it could be hard to get it fullscreen again
    - the application isn't displayed in the active application window list, so don't minimize it, the only way to stop it would be to kill the jive process

Once again, if it causes any licensing problem, just ask me to remove them.

Hi e_esprit

After battling with root permissions I extracted the tarball and..
    It's a stunning app. Well done.
    As you say, there are a few bugs but it gives my N800 a new lease of life.

Thanks again
    JohnC