SqueezePlay running on Maemo

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fizze
    • Apr 2009

As the license is now BSD, can anyone please post binaries?
    Running Squeezecenter 7.9 on MariaDB 10.1.38
    Ubuntu 18.04.01 LTS Server
    SqueezeBox Boom (x2) - SqueezeBox Classic - Squeezebox Radio

Comment

• signor_rossi
      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by fizze
      As the license is now BSD, can anyone please post binaries?
      Yes, pleasssse! :-)

Comment

• aubuti
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by signor_rossi
        yes, pleasssse! :-)
        +1
        Main system: SB3 > Emotiva XDA-1 > NAD C 325BEE > Vandersteen 1
        Living room: SB2 > Audioengine HD6
        Kitchen/dining: SB2 > AudioSource AMP 100 > 2-pairs of Polk Audio RC60i in-ceiling speakers
        Deck/patio: SB Receiver > AudioSource AMP 100 > Polk Atrium 45
        Study: Squeezelite-X on Win10 laptop with cheapo Logitech speakers
        Bedroom: SB Radio
        Quiet time: Hifiman Sundara headphones plugged into NAD amp or iPhone + AudioQuest Dragonfly Red DAC/amp
        LMS 8.5 running on a Raspberry Pi3 (piCore), controlled using iPeng and SB Controllers

Comment

• Alphageek
          • Oct 2006

+1

My N770 gets dusty and I would love to use it as nice remote control... (the Squeezecenter Web GUI with the N770 skin was just way to slow on it)

-bc

Comment

• mark-e-mark
            • Mar 2006

+1 for the N800 tablet just sitting here begging to be a controller. I'm certainly willing to test some builds if given installation instructions.

Comment

• psycho13

And one more person who'd really like to test SqueezePlay on Maemo. Isn't there any way to upload binaries? There's even a garage on Maemo to upload files to: https://garage.maemo.org/projects/squeezeplay .

It would be so great to use SqueezePlay on an N800...

Comment

• Philro
                • Apr 2009

Hi there,

i'm tryin to Build Squeezeplay for my N900 but i get this error:
                Code:
                make[1]: Entering directory `/scratchbox/packages/squeezeplay-7.6/squeezeplay'
                 cd . && /bin/sh /scratchbox/packages/squeezeplay-7.6/squeezeplay/config/missing --run automake-1.9 --foreign 
                Makefile.am: required file `config/compile' not found
                make[1]: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1
                make[1]: Leaving directory `/scratchbox/packages/squeezeplay-7.6/squeezeplay'
                make: *** [squeezeplay] Error 2
                I build this in Maemo Scratchbox 1 on a Ubuntu 9.10 Host. Any Ideas whats missing?

Greets
                Phil

EDIT:

Ok i got it compiled. I will test this now on my N900. If somebody explain me how i had to change the Makefile.linux so i can build the install target i could make a deb Package.
                Last edited by Philro; 2010-03-30, 10:34.

Comment

• Philro
                  • Apr 2009

Hi there,

ok i got it. I've got a .deb file which installs fine on my N900.
                  Whats about licence? I could send the deb file to some testers because there are several things that need to be changed. But i wouldn't hurt the licence...

Phil

Comment

• signor_rossi
                    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Philro
                    Hi there,

ok i got it. I've got a .deb file which installs fine on my N900.
                    Whats about licence? I could send the deb file to some testers because there are several things that need to be changed. But i wouldn't hurt the licence...

Phil
                    Was the environment for building it hard to set up? I would like to build it for my N770...

Comment

• Philro
                      • Apr 2009

Hi there,

the environment isn't to complicated.
                      I've installed Ubuntu 9.10 in VmWare and got all Updates. After that i installed the Maemo SDK descripted at maemo.org. And last but not least follow the ubuntu 7.10 Build instructions at the squeezebox WIKI inside the Maemo Scratchbox.

I wish i could distribute my VmWare but the Nokia binarys are not Open Source.

If i found a free hour this weekend i will write a HowTo

Phil

Comment

• e_esprit
                        • Apr 2010

Thanks to this thread and this post : http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...6&postcount=44
                        I now have squeezeplay (almost) running on my N800, wich is really great to control my SB touch 8)

Does anybody have a clean skin for WVGA display (800x480) ?
                        I'm having such a pain customising the WQVGA one, and the fullscreen one that is in squeezeplay_desktop is quite broken :/

Comment

• colincliff
                          • Feb 2010

I'm sure 3guk will be along shortly, but this thread is definitely work watching for the 800x480 skin - http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...hlight=joggler

Comment

• stewwalton
                            • May 2010

Hi e_esprit.. any chance of sharing the love.. unfortunately I am not close to being smart enough to figure this out for my N800.

Anything you can do to help me get this going will be very much appreciated.

Cheers,
                            Stewart.

Comment

• e_esprit
                              • Apr 2010

Hi,

You can download my binaries here :

It is compiled from SVN r8709 (2010-04-16 15:20:03 +0200)

If it causes problems with anyone at Logitech for license questions or whatever, I will remove it, just ask

The tarball should be extracted from / and will install squeezeplay in /opt/squeezeplay and 2 files (/usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/hildon/jive.png /usr/share/applications/hildon/jive.desktop) for the desktop menu entry.

Then you can launch jive from the application menu.

Integration with hildon is not perfect, it would require a little more work :
                              - when the screen go in sleep mode, jive exit from fullscreen, and it could be hard to get it fullscreen again
                              - the application isn't displayed in the active application window list, so don't minimize it, the only way to stop it would be to kill the jive process

Once again, if it causes any licensing problem, just ask me to remove them.

Comment

• johnco
                                • Jan 2007

Hi e_esprit

After battling with root permissions I extracted the tarball and..
                                It's a stunning app. Well done.
                                As you say, there are a few bugs but it gives my N800 a new lease of life.

Thanks again
                                JohnC

Comment

Working...