Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Lightbulb Squeezebox Boom Touch ???

I can't help thinking that the device most crying out for the new Touch architecture is the Squeezebox Boom!

Can you imagine? An easily transportable tabletop system with an internal 500GB drive that can hold your entire 1000 CD collection uncompressed, has a colour touchscreen interface and remote control plus Internet radio anytime your within a WiFi zone!!!

And no need for a computer!

Provided you have power you can have your entire music collection with you - uncompressed - wherever you go.

Bedroom, Living Room (digital out into the stereo), kitchen, garage, shed, office, hotel room, beach, etc.

Who wouldn't want one? What a fantastic device that would be!
    Chris

Squeezebox are network music players so doubt they'd do an internal HD. An upgraded Boom with the LCD display from the Radio (album art etc) would be neat!

Quote Originally Posted by dave77 View Post
    Squeezebox are network music players so doubt they'd do an internal HD. An upgraded Boom with the LCD display from the Radio (album art etc) would be neat!
    Quite. But Touch has USB and a SDHC slot for music and its own internal server so there is no reason why the Devs couldn't do a Boom as described above.

I certainly wouldn't expect one soon, not with two products already on their way

[Project Log] Funkstars Digital Lifestyle - HEXUS.Community

In use: 1x Touch, 1x Boom, 2x SB3, 1x Controller
    In a box: 1x Radio, 1x (Beta) Controller, 1x Receiver, 1x SB2 wired (silver), 1x SB (black), 1x SliMP3 (with rear shield)

If you have any others, let me know, I'm interested!!