Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikabob View Post
    I am second guessing myself now. I am seriously thinking about sending the SB3 back while I can and getting the Touch (it sounds so good)....any more advice is appreciated. Thanks. (I have about 7 days to do something)
    How are you going to use the unit? Do you need to see it from far away? Are you going to need more then one Squeezebox in your home? Do you need 24/96 native support?
    iPhone
    Media Room:
    ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
    Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
    Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
    Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
    Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
    Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
    Ford Thunderbird: Duet, Mac Mini
    Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive

I use the SB3 for my stereo system and the ipeng as a controller when out side speakers are on. I do not need to see the box from far away. The SB3 sounds awesome and I am afraid to take a chance of maybe losing some fidelity (a bird in a hand thing). I do not know what 24/96 native support means. And yes, someday I could use another Squeezebox ....but not in the near future. Thanks for your response.

Are you happy to have nothing for 10 weeks?

I know what you are saying Paul...and no, I am not happy with nothing for 10 weeks. It would definitely be a sacrifice for a while....not sure I can do that. I do have a boom but it's in the bedroom and has nothing to do with the stereo. I worry a little that the SB3 will not be able to be serviced over the long run. Unfortunate but it happens. :-(

With the large installed base of SB3s, you shouldn't worry about service issues. They'll likely be able to be serviced for a long time.

I believe you just have a case of "it's new, it's shiny, I want it". Touch will not likely be higher fidelity, it's targeted for the same market segment and if you don't know what 24/96 means then you really don't need that functionality just yet. Again, if you really, really want Touch when it's released, eBay your SB3. You won't risk all that much, they retain their value pretty well.
    Current: SB2, Transporter, Boom (PQP3 - late beta, PQP1 - early beta), SBC (early beta), Squeezebox Radio (PB1 - early beta), Squeezebox Touch (late beta)
    Sold: SB3, Duet

Thank you for the responses. I am going to hold onto the SB3. My wife is showing some excitement and interest in my little toys now. :-) She has a neat BOSE radio and she is showing interest in having a Touch added to that...I am very encouraging about this. I believe it has 2 RCA inputs...I hope.

My 2 cents - return it

Quote Originally Posted by Ikabob View Post
    I am second guessing myself now. I am seriously thinking about sending the SB3 back while I can and getting the Touch (it sounds so good)....any more advice is appreciated. Thanks. (I have about 7 days to do something)
    The Touch will do everything the SB3 does plus much, much more. If you have to have some Squeezebox in your life between now and when you would get a Touch, consider a refurbished SB Receiver ($100 in the Logitech Store) and configure it using Robin Bowes UDAP utility and control it with an iPhone/iPeng or use the web browser interface. When you get the Touch you can redeploy the SB Receiver or sell it on ebay for close to what you paid for it.

I can assure you that there are many people who have a SB3 that will get a Touch to replace/supplement that SB3. I am one of those people.
    SB Receiver, 3 x SB Boom, SB Touch, SqueezeCommander running on Samsung Galaxy S2 phone & Nexus 7 tablet.

KIWI...but I don't want to be without my main Squeeze for 3-4-5 months.

That's why you buy the SB Receiver. Think of it as a way of still getting your Squeezebox fix while anticipating the rush of your Touch in December.
    SB Receiver, 3 x SB Boom, SB Touch, SqueezeCommander running on Samsung Galaxy S2 phone & Nexus 7 tablet.

Ohh....I See! Thank you. :-) You are smart Kiwi...thanks.