Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Just a thought and this is based on using IR based control systems not rs232. A lot of receivers will accept a source command when off/standby. So for example if I press CD on the remote my amp will turn on and be on the CD input. If I use power on with IR my amp also needs a short wait before I can then send the source command.

If there's a source command via the serial control then it might be worth a try.

Hi everybody,

I am trying to use this plugin with a Denon AVR-X1100W. One thing in particular, which would be interesting for me is if I could display the different multi-zones in the reveiver as seperate squeeze devices so that I could select using iPeng's device overview the correct zone setting. Has anyone tried that already or made similar progress in implementing a workaround to quickly change zones?

Thanks in advance

Andy

Where is the Settings Menu?

I know this isn't actively maintained, but I've just installed this plugin on my LMS to try out. There doesn't seem to be any way to enable or configure it. Should there be a Settings link on the Plugins page? I am using LMS 7.9 and plugin v0.1.42. Maybe it's incompatible with 7.9? Any suggestions welcome...

You should see a DenonSerial settings group on each player settings web page. Please let me know if you have trouble - I run LMS 7.8 and have not tried 7.9 yet. It seems likely you may need to compile the Perl serial module code if you're using direct serial and running LMS on something other than Windows - I switched years ago to the TCP connection, using a Raspberry Pi as a serial port server.
    owner of the stuff that used to reside at http://www.tux.org/~peterw/
    Note: The best way to reach me is email or PM, as I don't spend time on the forums.
    Free plugins: AllQuiet Auto Dim/AutoDisplay BlankSaver ContextMenu DenonSerial
    FuzzyTime KidsPlay KitchenTimer PlayLog PowerCenter/BottleRocket SaverSwitcher
    SettingsManager SleepFade StatusFirst SyncOptions VolumeLock

Ok, it appeared after several restarts of the server, but not sure it will do what I want. I have a Squeezebox Touch connected to the AUXB inout of my Denon. When I press PLAY, I'd like it to switch the Denon's input to AUXB. Other things - like power on and volume control - are nice to have.

Just to explore, I've tried telnetting to the Denon using Putty, but it looks like I can only issue one command at a time before the session locks, so it's difficult to check what happens. I have to close Putty and reopen it to issue another command. Anyone know of any Putty settings which will work correctly?

(Incidentally, this is a Denon RCD-N7, which does work with the Denon command set, even though the top results on Google might have you believe otherwise.)

Quote Originally Posted by tdrath View Post
    Just to explore, I've tried telnetting to the Denon using Putty, but it looks like I can only issue one command at a time before the session locks, so it's difficult to check what happens. I have to close Putty and reopen it to issue another command. Anyone know of any Putty settings which will work correctly?
    Dont use putty!

• PuTTYtel
    • Plink
    • nc
    • telnet

Quote Originally Posted by DJanGo View Post
    Dont use putty!
    I'd already tried with the Windows 7 Telnet client, but it has the same symptoms. A Google search showed a number of people experiencing the same issue, but no solutions, which is why I asked here. I hoped that someone might have experienced the same issue and resolved it.

Hi everybody,
    Is the DenonSerial plugin still supposed to work (I use PCP, latest version, and a Denon AVR-X3000)?
    I can install and configure the plugin, but it has no effect (e.g. Power on / off).
    Best regards
    Martin
    PCP (always latest version) on RasPi 3 with PhatDac (player & server)
    PCP on several RasPis 2 +3
    2 Airplay speakers (Sony SA-NS510) integrated via Airplay Bridge Plugin