Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Strange Problem on Squeezebox

Hello everyone,

I am using Squeezebox since a month. Suddenly my S.box says ''cannot connect to squeezebox center'' But when I open my computer everything is look normal and I can use it. When I shut down my computer and again says cannot connect. I was using before without open my computer and now it is strange to me.

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you.

1. Is your Squeezebox in the same network as your SqueezeCenter? (I.e. check IP address of the PC running SqueezeCenter, and check the IP of your Squeezebox).

2. May there be a firewall on the PC where SqueezeCenter is running, or any other program capable of blocking ports? (I.e. try temporarily disabling your firewall etc. to see if that allows your Squeezebox to connect).
    Squeezebox Controller (fw r6038) + Squeezebox Receiver (fw 62) + 1TB fileserver, Windows XP SP3, running SqueezeCenter 7.3.4

Download SC 7.3.4 from here: http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.3

Quote Originally Posted by selimpusat View Post
    ....... When I shut down my computer and again says cannot connect. I was using before without open my computer and now it is strange to me.......
    Maybe I am misunderstanding you, but if you shut down your computer then your SB will, correctly, not be able to connect to SqueezeCenter running on your computer.

If in the past you shut down your computer and your SB still functioned then you must have switched the SB over to SqueezeNetwork (free online server).

That sound right? If so, you can switch over to SqueezeNetwork from the SB player two ways:
    - before turning computer off, scroll on SB player menu to "Connect to SqueezeNetwork"
    - after computer is off, press & hold the LEFT arrow on SB remote, Network Setup, then "Connect to SqueezeNetwork"

Had this a while ago...

My iMac (where the SqueezeCenter server runs on suddenly had it's network name changed from MAC1 to MAC1-2.

I remember a dialog flashing that said it had to be changed, because MAC1 already existed (?!??!?)

Anyway, I changed it back to what it was, and then was able to reconnect to SC.

Maybe this helps,

Rob