Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Anyone heard any thing about when this will be available in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by labarum View Post
    now that could make a difference, but most of my stuff is 16/44.1 and squeezecentre will downsample higher stuff to 16/48, and numbers ain't everything. If they were i would be looking to abilities up to 192.
    24/48 not 16/48...
    You want to see the signal path BEFORE it gets onto a CD/vinyl...it ain't what you'd call minimal...
    Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
    Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
    Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Leigh View Post
    24/48 not 16/48...

Yes, you are right, Phil. That's even better.
    Last edited by Labarum; 2009-06-21 at 09:07.
    Brian

In Southampton: Quad 77 Integrated Amp - AVI Neutron 4
    In Nicosia: Quad 520f refreshed by Dada - Quart 980s German Tower Loudspeakers. Boom in conservatory.
    In both: Squeezebox Classic, Beresford Caiman DAC, Sony MDR-F1 Headphones

Watcher of the Windows build
    Nice!... as some here are saying... if this is the remote with a touch screen docked on a wired player/reciever (The dock is a receiver with wired/wireless LAN interfaces)... it would be great. I'd also have to assume, "if" this is such a monster, that the remote has a WiFi adapter and it's recharged when placed back on the docking station. In this configuration the touch screen would make more sense. Of course, this is all speculation on my part.

Of course also only speculation...
    After looking again at the picture I don't think this is a Controller/Receiver combination, and IMO that wouldn't be that important if in exchange this device would include a SC server that allows to simply plug in an external hard drive with music, scan it and have fun with a local library. That would make it terrific. As an extended remote there are still the Controller and iPeng as an option.

Squeezebox Classic Touch

I'm betting that it's more or less "just" an updated version of Squeezebox Classic with a touchscreen.

I guess the price difference between the expensive VFD (display) of the Classic and a 5" touchscreen has become very little perhaps the touchscreen is even cheaper.

It will be interesting to see if it's actually powered by iPeng and if this means that there will be an official touchscreen controller software that could be ported to other touchscreen devices.
    Vote for "Nap feature": http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=14208

Sboxes: Duet, Classic, Radio, 2 Boom's
    Server: HP Laptop, Core i5-540M, 4Gb DDR3, WOL (Wake-on-lan), 1.7watt suspended, Windows 7, LMS 7.7
    Router: Linksys WRT54G wireless

Quote Originally Posted by Letten View Post
    It will be interesting to see if it's actually powered by iPeng and if this means that there will be an official touchscreen controller software that could be ported to other touchscreen devices.
    It's fair to assume it'll be powered by SqueezePlay, which was developed specifically to allow it to be used in multiple form factors.
    Family Room: Receiver; Kitchen: Boom; Garden: Classic; Bedroom: Boom; Anywhere: Controller, SqueezeCommander, Android SqueezePlayer
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by simbo View Post
    It's fair to assume it'll be powered by SqueezePlay, which was developed specifically to allow it to be used in multiple form factors.
    Now that would be a big disappointment, that interface was written for scrollwheel and hardbuttons. It doesn't take advantage of the touchscreen interface at all.
    Vote for "Nap feature": http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=14208

Sboxes: Duet, Classic, Radio, 2 Boom's
    Server: HP Laptop, Core i5-540M, 4Gb DDR3, WOL (Wake-on-lan), 1.7watt suspended, Windows 7, LMS 7.7
    Router: Linksys WRT54G wireless

I really hope there are big updates for the SqueezeOS in the near future. While the Remote is cool initially and has a lot of nice touches, its still pretty rough and even after 7.3.3 it's still pretty flakey.

Ignoring any problems in performance and waking up it still feels like a hello world app with little developer support.

Annoyances like the lack of screen savers, minimal ability to customize the appearance, and a preponderance of scrolling text when word wrap would be much more useful, give it a really half finished quality the more I use it.

Also while I think the much clamored Squeezevideo seems like a horrible idea, turning these lcd devices into picture frames (beyond flicker) sounds like a much better idea. I really hope there is some movement in that direction.

need more info

I want more info, I only bought my Duet last week so if this is on the horizon I maybe sending it back!