Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

New "Logitech Squeezebox Touch" spotted !!

Hi All,

Look what I found on the Internet! A new SB product.
    Hopefully in a few days logitech will bring out the good news...

Look here:
    http://www.btsc.lv/apraksts/logitech-squeezebox-touch-2

And look here for the price:
    http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/24212...box-touch.html

I also found a picture & some specs:

Logitech« Squeezebox™ Touch. The color touch-screen Wi-Fi music player that lets you discover a world of music. Listen to your personal digital music collection, new music from online music services*, and thousands of Internet radio stations—all through your stereo. A 4.3-inch color touch screen makes it easy for anyone to use.

Audio formats: • MP3, FLAC, WAV, AIFF, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, Apple Lossless • WMA Lossless, APE, MPC and WavPack supported through transcoding • Some formats may require additional software installation Internet radio • Support for MP3, Ogg Vorbis, and WMA formatted Internet Radio streams Wireless interface • True 802.11g wireless networking • Support for 802.11b and 802.11g routers and access points • One-touch setup (with compatible WPS-supporting routers) • Supports WPA Personal, WPA-2AES, and 64/128-bit WEP encryption Ethernet interface • Connects to any 100 Mbps or 10 Mbps network (with Auto MDX) General: • USB host connector for accessing music and photos via USB drive or USB key • SD card slot for music and photos • Supports sampling rates up to 24 bit / 96 kHz • Stereo analog (RCA), headphone jack, digital optical, and digital coax output • 4.3-inch 24-bit color LCD with capacitive touch screen • Ambient light sensor to adjust display brightness according to environment • Infrared proximity sensor to detect presence

Update 13 Aug:
    I added the pictures from Kevint to the beginning of this thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Bert0123; 2009-08-13 at 14:41. Reason: attached Kevint's pics

oops, look like someone has jumped the gun.
    AVI Lab series, Impulse H2's, Touch, Eastern Electric Minimax DAC, SB3, Boom and another Boom ....

Looks good. Again a step towards Squeezeboxes for the masses. Pricing also sounds right. Pricing and the diversity of product offerings in the streaming audio line certainly make Logitech a market leader in this regard.
    1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xDuet, 1xRadio, 1xiPhone iPeng, Ubuntu NAS + SBS

Nice, I want one !

Seems like some nice extras has been added :

USB host connector for accessing music and photos via USB drive or USB key

SD card slot for music and photos

Stereo analog (RCA), headphone jack, digital optical, and digital coax output

4.3-inch 24-bit color LCD with capacitive touch screen

Ambient light sensor to adjust display brightness according to environment

Infrared proximity sensor to detect presence
    Best regards
    Bebop

SC 7.8 on Ubuntu 12.04 on FITPC2 , 3xSB Touch, Duet SBC&SBR w. Cambridge DacMagic, 2 x Boom, SB Radio, Squeezeplay 7.4.1 on PC & MAC, Squeezeplayer&Orangesqueeze on Android phone and tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by bebop View Post
    USB host connector for accessing music and photos via USB drive or USB key

SD card slot for music and photos
    One can only assume that it also means that it has the option of running a local copy of Squeezebox Server, which would explain the rush to move to sqlite...
    Yes, it will. Yes, all of them. Yes, SoftSqueeze as well. What ?
    I SAID ALL OF THEM !

Ooh, this is great news - seems like quie an interesting addition to the SB portfolio. But surely the SB touch wont have the computerpower to run a full version of squeezecenter??? Maybe its just able to playback files over USB, like the Boom for example supports UPNP.
    Can't wait to hear more about this product!

US Price???

Sorry for the dumb question - what's the projected US sale price on this? I just might have to return the Classic I just bought.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jacsi View Post
    Ooh, this is great news - seems like quie an interesting addition to the SB portfolio. But surely the SB touch wont have the computerpower to run a full version of squeezecenter???
    I don't see why not. As it isn't a battery powered unit they can put a higher speed ARM CPU in it and more RAM than the Controller.

If it was being used just to serve music to players then it wouldn't need the Squeezebox Server web interface, which would make it more doable.
    Yes, it will. Yes, all of them. Yes, SoftSqueeze as well. What ?
    I SAID ALL OF THEM !

Wow, this is really cool and a brand new direction. My SB3s are going to seem so quaint in comparison :-).

I think it's interesting that they use the term "Touch", as in the iPod Touch. I wonder if that is just what people are calling it rather than what Logitech is going to call it.

BTW, it's strange to me this Logitech green that has taken over the forum theme...gone is the characteristic slimdevices orange.

Things are a changin'.
    Rich
    ---------
    Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch, iPeng on iPod Touch, SqueezeCommander, OrangeSqueeze, and SqueezePlayer on Xoom and Galaxy Player 4.2. CentOS 6.3 Server running LogitechMediaServer 7.7.2 and SqueezeSlave.
    Current library stats: 40,810 songs, 3,153 albums, 582 artists.
    http://www.last.fm/user/maggior

The bottom half (with the Logitech logo) is slightly matt whilst the top is gloss.

I'm wondering whether it's in two halves - a base station with the actual audio hardware (like a Receiver) and a docking station. The top half is a Controller minus wheel/buttons plus a touchscreen.

If it is, then it's the slicker replacement for a Nokia 770/N800/N810 that I've been waiting for. Either way, it looks *very* interesting.