Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chp View Post
    Laz, the new release will work with iTunes, just make sure to drop everything in the bin/ folder into the iTunes directory. Do note that if your music is not 44.1kHz stereo, there will be issues.
    Hi chp,

Thanks for the update and my apologies for the delay in my reply - I suspect I'm on the opposite side of the world to you.

Things are looking better now but not quite there. I now get the blue icon for about half a second before it vanishes again (faster than I get my mouse down for a hover over).

I suspect my problem is that my copy of iTunes takes a very long time to fire up - of the order 3 to 10 seconds (I keep my library files on a network drive and thanks to Apples monolithic approach, I'm loading about 20 MB across the network). Is there any chance you can make the delay a configuration variable in the ini file so that I can experiment with this a bit further.

The other possibility is that I'm not set up for 44.1kHz output - am I correct in assuming that I need to do this in the Quicktime Control panel? I currently have all of my sound devices set to 44.1kHz 16 bit stereo.

I also have a quick suggestion for an interface option in the future. I really like the ability to mute the local output - it would be even more awesome if you could add a click on the icon option to select between three options of: Play local (pass through?), Stream, Play local and Stream.

Finally, I presume you aware that this code is likely to give Apple corporate types heartburn - they do so like their Bonjour solution with tie in to iTunes and Airport Express.

Thanks again for the good work.

Laz

Quote Originally Posted by baz View Post
    Hi cph!

I noticed that the info regarding played songs are transmitted twice to last.fm after upgrading to the 090707-build (one from SC and one from Spotify?).

One solution is of cause to disable the "scrobbling to last.fm"-function in Spotify manually but I prefer not to do that. Any suggestions on what to do?
    1. I have the same symptom (double entries on Last.fm), and a restart of Spotify did not cure it.

2. The album artwork size and crop are not perfect yet, see attached image from iPeng. I tried to change the values in the .ini file, but did not understand how I should do. (The image shows the display with the default values.)

3. Sometimes the advertisements are played so fast that they are intelligible (perhaps because they are not 44.1kHz?). I know that the fix for this is to upgrade to Spotify premium, but I just wanted to let you know because the fast playback of the advertisements is even more annoying than hearing them at normal speed.

4. I think the stream from Spotify for non premium users is around 160kbps. Are there any benefits in sound quality with a higher bitrate than that set in DSBridge, where the default now is 320kbps?

BTW: Thanks for a very useful and simple utility! Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by vagskal View Post

3. Sometimes the advertisements are played so fast that they are intelligible (perhaps because they are not 44.1kHz?). I know that the fix for this is to upgrade to Spotify premium, but I just wanted to let you know because the fast playback of the advertisements is even more annoying than hearing them at normal speed.

4. I think the stream from Spotify for non premium users is around 160kbps. Are there any benefits in sound quality with a higher bitrate than that set in DSBridge, where the default now is 320kbps?

BTW: Thanks for a very useful and simple utility! Great job!
    3. This is perfect, since the music is interrupted for HALF THE TIME!

4. YES! Decoding the 160kbps ogg-stream from Spotify and then encode it using 160kps mp3 makes the sound quality worse. Both because transoding from lossless to lossless loses even more quality by the conversion itself, and because 160kbps ogg is better than 160kpbs mp3. After decompression, you should transfer it as "lossless" as possible. And 320kpbs mp3 is "almost" lossless.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin43 View Post
    3. This is perfect, since the music is interrupted for HALF THE TIME!

4. YES! Decoding the 160kbps ogg-stream from Spotify and then encode it using 160kps mp3 makes the sound quality worse. Both because transoding from lossless to lossless loses even more quality by the conversion itself, and because 160kbps ogg is better than 160kpbs mp3. After decompression, you should transfer it as "lossless" as possible. And 320kpbs mp3 is "almost" lossless.
    3. I am afraid not, the time for interruption of the playback of the music seems to be the same because the time that is gained by the fast playback of the advertisement is replaced by silence (which you really need since the fast playback that occurs sometimes is really disturbing...). I think I will have to upgrade.

4. Thanks for the explanation!

3. I am afraid not, the time for interruption of the playback of the music seems to be the same because the time that is gained by the fast playback of the advertisement is replaced by silence (which you really need since the fast playback that occurs sometimes is really disturbing...). I think I will have to upgrade.

4. Thanks for the explanation!
    3. Ah! I'm just trying out the new version which doesn't have the problem with the buffer growing larger. This was actually a feature in the sense that the buffer could then be used to play the commercial twice as fast without any interruption of the music!
    So after a commercial spot my buffer decreased with 5-15 seconds, but no interruption of playback.

2. The album artwork size and crop are not perfect yet, see attached image from iPeng. I tried to change the values in the .ini file, but did not understand how I should do. (The image shows the display with the default values.)
    Make the left-hand pane wider in Spotify! (trial and error).

kidstypike

1. I have the same symptom (double entries on Last.fm), and a restart of Spotify did not cure it.

Unfortunately I have the same problem again. The behavior of the "dubble entries" is however nondeterministic, some of the songs are showing up twice, some are just entered once.

FYI, I did not have this problem with earlier versions of DSBridge.

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Make the left-hand pane wider in Spotify! (trial and error).
    Thank you! I did not even know that I could resize the windows in Spotify, but I succeeded to find the right size at once. (Much easier than trying to adjust the artwork settings in the .ini file, whatever purpose they may serve.)
    Last edited by vagskal; 2009-07-08 at 10:59.

Quote Originally Posted by baz View Post
    Unfortunately I have the same problem again. The behavior of the "dubble entries" is however nondeterministic, some of the songs are showing up twice, some are just entered once.
    I, however, constantly get double entries in Last.fm.

WoW!!

Just got an invitation yesterday for Spotify and finds this when googling
    for possible solutions to get the sound to my squeezebox/speakers!!!

Ok, Im an technical idiot; do I need squeezecenter when using this? I have mp3tunes so I dont use it these days...

So I need to make the IP number of my computer a favourite on my squeezebox?

Thanks for answers!