Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Logo / picture on SB Radio

This streaming working fine for me! But, when a connect with my Squeezebox Radio, the display is showing av av picture of my Spotify playlist. When I highlight a playlist it changes picture on my SB aswell! Does anyone now if it┤s possible to change this, so that I can get a Spotify logo on my display instead?

I thought if I left it a few months, we'd be looking at official support.

Frustrated, I've taken two hours and got Spotify on WINE running on my squeezecenter (yes, 7.3) kubuntu linux box, copying the dsbridge and lame files to the /.wine/ folder was a headache (for me). Then adding native/builtin exception in winecfg for the two files, got dsbridge running. Phew. Thanks to this thread.

It works fine on my Receiver, SB3 and Boom - BUT NOT for softsqueeze on vista notebook. Pah. Too tired to fix that. All ideas welcome.

I have yet to sort spotify remoteless yet ...

Thumbs up Squeezebox + Spotify + Remoteless + Dsbridge + Iphone/Ipod touch = !!!

Hi!

Just a small recommended setup:
    Squeezebox + Spotify + Remoteless + Dsbridge + Iphone/Ipod touch = !!!

Remoteless (http://remoteless.no/) is a nice remote control app for your Iphone/Ipod touch.

I've been using this for a few days and it's working ok most of the time however I'm having quite a few problems if I listen to a song that I've been listening to recently. It starts playing the song and then it suddenly stops and starts "rebuffering" until I get a message of "rebuffering failed" and basically I need to change song or there's no other way to fix it... any idea? Am I the only one having this problem?

Sweden (only country where the clouds are interesting)

Problems with SBS 7.4.2?

DSBridge used to work great for me, showing artwork and SBS reporting 320 kbps. But now I suddenly get no artwork neither in SBS web control, nor my squeezebox remote. Also, SBS now reports 192 kbps stream... Still, I have a green DSBridge tray icon, so it looks fine...
    Is this a problem with SBS 7.4.2?
    Anyone knows? Can confirm?

EDIT: Not a SBS 7.4.2 issue... I uninstalled 7.4.2 and installed 7.4.1, but it still behaves the same; SBS claims that the stream is 192kbps and there's no artwork neither in the SBS web interface nor SB remote. This used to work... Works on my W7x64 machine, not on my XP machine. The W7 machines shows artwork and claims 320 kbps, just as expected. The XP machine plays fine but shows no artwork and claims 192 kbps. I'm pretty sure I had it working on the XP machine earlier. Strange...

EDIT: Problem solved Turns out I forgot to put dsound.ini in the same dir as dsound.dll on the XP machine. The bitrate and whether to send artwork is defined there. Joy...!
    Last edited by OppfinnarJocke; 2010-03-11 at 14:03.
    // OppfinnarJocke
    SqueezeBox Duet, Controller FW 7.7.3 r16662, Player FW 77
    Main use: Deezer and Radio Paradise through MySB.com

Running on Windows Server 2008

I wondered if anyone had successfully got DSBridge working on Windows Server 2008?

The DSBridge tray icon doesn't appear when I start Spotify. My work around at the moment is to run DSBridge/Spotify on a Hyper-V XP VM, which works fine.

I used System Internals Process Explorer to compare the XP and Server installations when up and running. The XP version references the modified dsound.dll in the Spotify directory, and dsound.dll in the windows\system32 folder. The Server installation only references the dsound.dll in the windows\SysWOW64 directory.

It would appear that the standard DLL loading order is different under Server 2008, perhaps due to permissions or UAC or something else that I'm not familiar with. Before I start messing around, I wondered if anyone knew the answer to this one?

Had the same problem - solved

Quote Originally Posted by orcocan View Post
    I've been using this for a few days and it's working ok most of the time however I'm having quite a few problems if I listen to a song that I've been listening to recently. It starts playing the song and then it suddenly stops and starts "rebuffering" until I get a message of "rebuffering failed" and basically I need to change song or there's no other way to fix it... any idea? Am I the only one having this problem?
    I experienced the same problem, and finally solved it:
    I opened up the port (8124) on my computer from the router
    (D-Link DIR-655) using port forwarding.
    Hopefully that will help you!

Quote Originally Posted by lorimar View Post
    I experienced the same problem, and finally solved it:
    I opened up the port (8124) on my computer from the router
    (D-Link DIR-655) using port forwarding.
    Hopefully that will help you!
    Hi Lorimar thanks for your response, to be honest I'm not too sure what you mean? Could you be so kind to give me a dummy's guide of what you did to fix it? Thanks again

Sweden (only country where the clouds are interesting)
    Quote Originally Posted by orcocan View Post
    Hi Lorimar thanks for your response, to be honest I'm not too sure what you mean? Could you be so kind to give me a dummy's guide of what you did to fix it? Thanks again
    Apparently he did this: http://www.cctvcamerapros.com/D-Link...ding-s/286.htm
    // OppfinnarJocke
    SqueezeBox Duet, Controller FW 7.7.3 r16662, Player FW 77
    Main use: Deezer and Radio Paradise through MySB.com

thank you very much for your help. I haven't got a DLink so the procedure was different but I think I've done it in the end... unfortunately it doesn't seem to make any difference, rebuffering still fails