Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Just wanted to say thanks for this thread. I've now got Spotify rocking through my Squeezebox and B&W speakers. Perfect.

To get your pc's ip address:

Click the Start button, select Run
    Type CMD and press Enter.
    A Command prompt window will open. Type ipconfig and press Enter.
    Several lines of information will be displayed. The IP address looks like "149.72.61.234" - yours will probably have different numbers near the end.

Smile Itouch SpotifyApp DSBridge

Hi, is it possible to run the spotifyapp and integrate DSBridge on an Itouch and control the music to the Squeezebox?

The music stops for a second or 2 every 4 minutes,is it buffering?Is there a way to avoid this?
    QNAP TS-219P+,Firmware v4.0.2(020130726),WD2002 X 2
    SqueezeBox Duett
    CS4398-->Lundahl DAC

I tried to add the link to my spotify-pc in Squeezenetwork, but it will not connect. Have someone else manage to get dsbridge to work with Squeezenetwork ?

It won't work with SqueezeNetwork. DSBridge streams (broadcasts) spottify over you lan from your PC. Spottify normally runs from your PC anyway. If you don't use DSBridge you have to use the Wave Input plugin. DSBridge generates an mp3 stream from anything that uses DirectSound. It also makes DirectSound sound better! Since SqueezeNetwork doesn't use your PC you can't use it with Spottify or DSBridge or Wave Input Plugin. All these things require SqueezeCenter.

My DSBridge has wacket out..It only plays for a few seconds,I have red the whole tread and tried every suggestion.
    Why does it do like this and waht is the solution?

Edit:Installed Squeeze server 7.4 and it seems to work now....
    Edit 2: CHP are you planing to get this working with Wav or FLAC??
    Last edited by Ryssen; 2009-10-05 at 10:13.
    QNAP TS-219P+,Firmware v4.0.2(020130726),WD2002 X 2
    SqueezeBox Duett
    CS4398-->Lundahl DAC

Question DP_LocalAvatar in Spotify Metadata

Instead of the artists name and song I only see the text "DP_LocalAvatar" on my squeezebox devices. I also would like to see the cover from the album. How is this possible? It seems to be somthing specific for me since no one else has aked for this on the forum.

By the way, it is an excelent function you have shared with us!

Thumbs up

Thanks for this. Works fine
    Now if the stupid squeezebox server would be smart enough to not use proxy for local addresses, everything would be fine.
    Took me a while to remember to open ports in the servers fire wall

Basic questions (Squeezebox Duet)

I guess these questions must be really stupid for most of you :-)

I run a 'free' version of Spotify, I run SqueezeCenter 7.3.3 on a ReadynNAS Duo, connected to a Squeezebox Duet (the remotecontrol thing).

So I have copied the two mentioned files (.dll) to the Spotify directory (without any 'unzip' or 'running' of the files).

When I restart Spotify it still produces music through the PC sound system (do not know if that should be still working or not).

Where in Squeezecenter should I find the new 'channel' or 'source' or whatever we call it?

As you see I would appreciate instructions that a four-yearold could use.

Thanks!

Works excellently for me. Thanks a bunch, chp!

In the SC web interface I just went to Internet Radio, Tune In URL, and entered "http://192.168.108.11:8124/" (without the "), the IP address being the IP address of the computer that runs Spotify, since my SC is on a different computer in my LAN.

Or you can go through Music Library, Favorites and add the same address as a favorite, like HansAnders describes. Both work for me.

HansAnders, for me Spotify plays in my computer speakers as well, but it's out of sync with the SB, so I just mute it. But apart from this and the instrutions of the very first and second posts of this thread, I did nothing else and it works for me.