Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 493
  1. #11
    Working great, thanks.

    Is there a way of controlling the bitrate used by lame?
    Now it is transcoding to 160 kbps mp3 from 160 kbps ogg, which means it is loosing resolution as ogg is more efficient than mp3. If possible I would like to have maximum mp3 rate to minimize the quality impact.

  2. #12
    Member baz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    44
    Thank you very much! Everyting working except metadata (I'm using SqueezeCenter 7.3.2).

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    22
    Quick reply to questions:

    I am extracting the path to the windows installation, so it "should" work, but maybe loading it with a absolute path is not working well on non-standard environments; I'll look into improving the logic.

    Yes, I'm working on making most aspects configurable, so you will be able to alter the bitrate of the stream itself; 160kbps was chosen as a middlepoint between performance and sound quality. I'll probably up the default quality to 192kbps as well for the next release.

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4

    E: as my drive

    Hello again
    Here is what happens. I have placed the two dll's in E:\Program Files\Spotify
    Everything is ok when i start Spotify. But when i start to play a track Spotify complains that "There is a problem with you sound card" and nothing happens. The symbol in sys tray is red and if i hover the mouse over it says
    "D:Could not load C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DSOUND.DLL" If i removes the two dll's in E:\Program Files\Spotify and restarts Spotify it works again with the speakers connected to my PC.

    Thanks in advance

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    201
    Works here without a glitch. Very interesting work indeed thanks.

  6. #16
    Member baz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    44
    Nope, can't get the metadata to work. Streamed to VLC and the music works as expected but no metadata can be found.

    I am using Vista 32-bit version.

    Any ideas?

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    22
    I have done a quick bugfix release:

    http://dsbridge.googlecode.com/files...090625-bin.zip

    Changes:

    - Now using native method to extract system directory
    - Cleaned up icons (much easier to do in Paint.Net than the icon editor )
    - Bumped encoding quality to 192kbps

    Padde, this should fix the issue where the program would try to load DirectSound from the wrong location.

    baz, metadata issues will have to wait until early next week; I currently don't have access to the proper tools to debug that issue.

  8. #18
    Member baz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    44
    Thanks for the new version with higher quality (192kbps).

    I installed the new SW on a computer with Win XP but I still got the problem with the metadata.

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4
    Super, many thanks.

  10. #20
    Senior Member bernt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sweden, Kalmar
    Posts
    752
    Sounds better now. Thanks.
    SB Touch to Yamaha A-S501, Boston Acoustics A26.
    SB 3 to Audio Pro T3.
    AirPlay Bridge to Audio Pro C5.
    SB BOOM
    SB Radio
    ReadyNAS 202
    iPeng

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •