Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    QA Puppy -flame retardant jrichardson's Avatar
    James R.
    QA - breaking things so you don't have to

James, not sure if that last comment was directed to me, but all the details in my last post are the same I gave in the original bug report so not sure what you want me to do to update it.

I've also seen Michael's post and it isn't the case that I have the plugin switched off.

Whilst this isn't affecting everyone, it is affecting a number of people and it would be good to have some more suggestions about how we can try and debug this for you guys if you can think of any more beyond those I suggest in the bug report.
    Who am I on LAST.FM?
    "Siduhe Loved Tracks radio got the thumbs up. Feedback included: yeah, it's good... got the odd dodgy track tho..." (c) ModelCitizen

Good news... I just installed 7.4 build 26010, and it is successfully scrobbling both local library plays, as well as music played via music services such as Rhapsody and Pandora...

I am pretty satisfied at this point, but if I find the time, I may incrementally upgrade to see which build breaks the scrobbling...

Not sure if this "proves" that this is a problem on the SC side, and not the last.fm side... But again, I am happy to report that I am now scrobble enabled!
    SqueezeCenter Running on HP EX485 MediaSmart Server (WHS)
    - 2 SqueezeBox Controllers
    - 3 SqueezeBox Receiver
    - 5 SqueezeBox Booms

Quote Originally Posted by MikeekiM View Post
    Good news... I just installed 7.4 build 26010, and it is successfully scrobbling both local library plays, as well as music played via music services such as Rhapsody and Pandora...

I am pretty satisfied at this point, but if I find the time, I may incrementally upgrade to see which build breaks the scrobbling...

Not sure if this "proves" that this is a problem on the SC side, and not the last.fm side... But again, I am happy to report that I am now scrobble enabled!
    Anyone who is willing to help... As I have already confirmed 26010, if you decide to do some troubleshooting, can you install a later build than what I have confirmed and report back...

Please be sure to test both ability to scrobble local library tracks, as well as music service tracks (e.g., Pandora, Slacker, Rhapsody, etc...).

Please confirm that it not only shows up on your last.fm page while it's playing, but that it also records it in your history because there are also problems where last.fm detects a track being played...but won't actually record it...
    - 3 SqueezeBox Receiver
    - 5 SqueezeBox Booms

Last night's deb doesn't work for me.

When you say 26010 where are you getting it? Is that trunk or the sqllite branch?

(The debs and I believe other binaries are using the sqllite branch, so that narrows the bug down to that branch.)

See the bug report: SC is sending malformed submissions (missing Artist). Lastfm should error them for missing a required field, but it seems they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by snarlydwarf View Post
    Last night's deb doesn't work for me.

When you say 26010 where are you getting it? Is that trunk or the sqllite branch?

(The debs and I believe other binaries are using the sqllite branch, so that narrows the bug down to that branch.)

See the bug report: SC is sending malformed submissions (missing Artist). Lastfm should error them for missing a required field, but it seems they don't.
    I, like others, have been saving old builds as I upgrade...up until the point where the builds started to get automatically downloaded and automatically deleted the previous build (this is how it happens on the WHS version anyway)...

So I basically just took an old build to try it out, and it worked... I didn't download it from anywhere...

On a different note, I couldn't even get today's build installed on my server... It errors out and I cannot figure out how to get around it...
    - 3 SqueezeBox Receiver
    - 5 SqueezeBox Booms

Anyone who is willing to help... As I have already confirmed 26010, if you decide to do some troubleshooting, can you install a later build than what I have confirmed and report back...

Please be sure to test both ability to scrobble local library tracks, as well as music service tracks (e.g., Pandora, Slacker, Rhapsody, etc...).

Please confirm that it not only shows up on your last.fm page while it's playing, but that it also records it in your history because there are also problems where last.fm detects a track being played...but won't actually record it...
    MeSue just PM'd me that she is using SC 7.4-26558 WHS and it is Scrobbling at least from her local played tracks because she just started her Squeezebox and it shows the track on Last.FM. So 26558 should be good. I have to fall back to 26305 if I want Scrobbling, as that was the last one I saved before the auto-updating test.
    iPhone
    Media Room:
    ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
    Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
    Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
    Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
    Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
    Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
    Ford Thunderbird: Duet, Mac Mini
    Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive

I, like others, have been saving old builds as I upgrade...up until the point where the builds started to get automatically downloaded and automatically deleted the previous build (this is how it happens on the WHS version anyway)...

So I basically just took an old build to try it out, and it worked... I didn't download it from anywhere...
    Ah, I see, I thought you were saying something fixed it (other than downgrading).

Last fm API docs say:
    OK
    This indicates that the submission request was accepted for processing. It does not mean that the submission was valid, but only that the authentication and the form of the submission was validated. The client should remove the submitted track(s) from its queue.
    The core reason is that the submission is invalid (missing the mandatory Artist.. setting this to empty is not valid). The Last.fm submission URL accepts this invalid submission but it is discarded at the back end.

My guess is that this shows up ONLY in the 'sqllite' branch, not 'trunk', but since sqllite is being used for the nightlies... it may as well be called trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone View Post
    MeSue just PM'd me that she is using SC 7.4-26558 WHS and it is Scrobbling at least from her local played tracks because she just started her Squeezebox and it shows the track on Last.FM. So 26558 should be good. I have to fall back to 26305 if I want Scrobbling, as that was the last one I saved before the auto-updating test.
    Thanks...that's good feedback... Like you, I do have 26305 hanging around somewhere, but nothing between 26305 and 26558

I wish there was a way to get to old builds... Oh well... No matter... I am "fixed" at least
    - 3 SqueezeBox Receiver
    - 5 SqueezeBox Booms

26754 Still no scrobbling. MusicIP working fine though. I also noticed that on of the logs says that Kitchen timer and another plugin is not compatible with this version but under plugins it shows that they are fine.
    Last edited by Nonreality; 2009-05-29 at 18:30.
    If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use is the rule.

HTTP://www.last.fm/user/nonreality