Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

192.168.1.130:9000

Thanks for replying. I changed to the static IP address for the linkstation LS-CHL to 192.168.1.130 as mentioned at the start of the instructions - and I can log onto this through the web page - however this gives just the web interface to the linkstation - when I try 192.168.1.130:9000 I get no page available. actually just ried again and I get the web interface to the linkstation with the list of folders - I have not seen the slimserver interface at all - this makes me wonder if it is running at all - the squeezebox cannot pick it up either.
    Last edited by u415270; 2009-05-02 at 05:33.

Quote Originally Posted by u415270 View Post
    Thanks for replying. I changed to the static IP address for the linkstation LS-CHL to 192.168.1.130 as mentioned at the start of the instructions - and I can log onto this through the web page - however this gives just the web interface to the linkstation - when I try 192.168.1.130:9000 I get no page available.
    If you haven't done this already, reboot the LinkStation and wait about five minutes before trying the :9000 page again.

If that fails, you might need to Telnet back into the LinkStation, and manually start Squeezecenter:

/opt/etc/init.d/S99squeezecenter start

If it tells you that SqueezeCenter is already running, but you don't see the SqueezeCenter interface at :9000, then stop and restart SqueezeCenter.

/opt/etc/init.d/S99squeezecenter stop

/opt/etc/init.d/S99squeezecenter start

You could be experiencing the problem with the /home/slimserver/squeezecenter.pid file mentioned at the end of post #4.
    Last edited by TiredLegs; 2009-05-02 at 05:37.

daemon started ok. PID is 18993

When I start slimserver I get the above message (or another PID number), however when I use the stop command you just posted I get the message can't stop slimserver as it is not running. There is no process with PID18993.

Your problem has me stumped at the moment. It seems like something went wrong in the SqueezeCenter install. The easiest way to try to install SqueezeCenter again is to do the procedure UPGRADING SQUEEZECENTER in post #5. Even though you're not "upgrading", that procedure just uninstalls IPKG SqueezeCenter and installs the latest version.

Reloaded - same problem

Thanks again for the help - I have a tired mind trying to sort this out.
    Anyway - back onto it again - removed the software - seemed to go OK. Reloaded - got confirmation along the way saying it was fully loaded. Go through the start command - again get confirmation it has started OK - get a PID number (whatever that is). Go to the web address and it just takes me to my web access to the linkstation i.e. without the :9000 extension. I can't seem to get to the slimserver interface. It always takes me to the linkstation web interface (for which I am always logged in - how do you logout ?)
    Frustrating this one.

PID is the process id number. Every running program (process) has a unique number given to it by the operating system when it is started.

When I installed squeezecenter on a Linkstation mini last year something called twonky provided by Buffalo was using port 9000 and so I instructed squeezecenter to use 9001 to avoid the conflict. To make the change I think I edited the configuration file /opt/etc/squeezecenter.conf and restarted squeezecenter but I am not 100% sure.

Another thing I noticed from the multiple reinstalls.

when I doubleclick on the my NAS icon in NasNavi2, on top of the MP3 & share & utilities folder, there is this additional folder ".optware" and "tmp" with their comments as recovered.

on first thought, i assumed they are the recovered files (due to some reason). these 2 folders are created by SC and once i stopped SC and deleted them off, my entire SC folder (/opt/etc/...) is missing when I telnet into the NAS.

the question being, are those recovered files critical or not?

Wow: that was way too easy

Saw these easy instructions, and even though I don't really need new server for SC, I thought I would give it a try.

Some 30 minutes later it was up and running. Even playing back some music.

Nice instructions.
    ----------------------
    "Dreamer, easy in the chair that really fits you..."

Quote Originally Posted by musicexpression View Post
    Another thing I noticed from the multiple reinstalls.

when I doubleclick on the my NAS icon in NasNavi2, on top of the MP3 & share & utilities folder, there is this additional folder ".optware" and "tmp" with their comments as recovered.

on first thought, i assumed they are the recovered files (due to some reason). these 2 folders are created by SC and once i stopped SC and deleted them off, my entire SC folder (/opt/etc/...) is missing when I telnet into the NAS.

the question being, are those recovered files critical or not?
    Yes I also have those two additional folders created and titled as recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by honestguv View Post
    PID is the process id number. Every running program (process) has a unique number given to it by the operating system when it is started.

When I installed squeezecenter on a Linkstation mini last year something called twonky provided by Buffalo was using port 9000 and so I instructed squeezecenter to use 9001 to avoid the conflict. To make the change I think I edited the configuration file /opt/etc/squeezecenter.conf and restarted squeezecenter but I am not 100% sure.
    The version of linkstation I have - linkstation live with Bitorrent doesn't use twonky - the media server says PVconnect at the bottem. For the edit that you mentioned above, is that through telnet or notepad in windows ? The more I think about it this seems to be the sticking point - has anyone got instructions for a non expert on how to change the config of slimserver to change port ? Bare in mind I can't get to the web access.
    THanks
    Last edited by u415270; 2009-05-03 at 05:36.