Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Lightbulb

is this error confined to the use of a NAS/linux server and a MacOSX computer with iTunes and the iTunes library and xml file stored at the NAS ?

someone named debian server ? Any one on a ReadyNAS or is it mainly Synology ?
    have anyone filed a bug with synology ?
    It would be more pressure on Logitech to fix it if the bug appears on platforms they support directly.
    Has any info that this not only a syno problem reached the bug report ( if this is the case ) ?

can it be narrowed down to a locale or language setting in NAS or Computer running iTunes .
    In the bugreport Mherger asks for such info , one person has responded with part off locale setting of his NAS. ( run locale comand in a shell ).

this seems to be the last language bug ( I hope ) a similar one was with musicip import recently.
    SS/SC/SBS has been riddled with language bugs all the time, now almost all of them are gone except this bug ?
    why it worked before who knows, every other language bug was like this before fixed in one release broken in the next one, before 7.6 utf support was a bunch of adhoc fixes in a 100 different places that
    broke all the time. Now they say that they have a consistent systemwide aproach that should make this more stable in th future.
    if they squash this bug
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (in storage SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

iTunes integration works fine with my SBS running directly on the Mac.
    No problem with special characters to be found here (and my files have a lot, as this is my testing library for SqueezePad).

So for me it seems like a problem when SBS ist running on a different machine than the actual iTunes.
    Maybe both system just have different locales configured? So that one writes the iTunes XML with locale A and the other reads the XML with locale B?

Obviously this should not be a problem as XML specifies the locales - but well - programmers are lazy and probably only test running SBS on the same machine as iTunes.

On some other thread I read a success story, that the problem might have been solved in 7.7 (see here http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=90209) which just was released as RC1 (see here: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...112#post657112)
    Of course using a Beta Software might not be the best advice to someone who is frustrated already.

But then again I read that it worked in 7.5.x? Why not stay on this version?
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    is this error confined to the use of a NAS/linux server and a MacOSX computer with iTunes and the iTunes library and xml file stored at the NAS ?

someone named debian server ? Any one on a ReadyNAS or is it mainly Synology ?
    have anyone filed a bug with synology ?
    It would be more pressure on Logitech to fix it if the bug appears on platforms they support directly.
    Has any info that this not only a syno problem reached the bug report ( if this is the case ) ?

can it be narrowed down to a locale or language setting in NAS or Computer running iTunes .
    In the bugreport Mherger asks for such info , one person has responded with part off locale setting of his NAS. ( run locale comand in a shell ).

this seems to be the last language bug ( I hope ) a similar one was with musicip import recently.
    SS/SC/SBS has been riddled with language bugs all the time, now almost all of them are gone except this bug ?
    why it worked before who knows, every other language bug was like this before fixed in one release broken in the next one, before 7.6 utf support was a bunch of adhoc fixes in a 100 different places that
    broke all the time. Now they say that they have a consistent systemwide aproach that should make this more stable in th future.
    if they squash this bug
    Hi Mnyb, thanks for asking these precisions. The problem is related to SBS on Linux systems in general.

I'm running SBS on a Sheevaplug with Debian 6.0 / default locale en_US.UTF8. iTUnes libary and music folder are on a mounted USB drive on the same unix box. See my bug report http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=17530

Klaus
    Last edited by Coatimundi; 2011-09-12 at 13:22.
    LMS 7.2.2 on Squeezeplug V4.08 (Debian) / iTunes integration / Logitech Boom & Touch / iPeng on iPhone 3GS

Yep the issue only seems to be on the Synology. My info page says "Operating system: Synology DiskStation (DSM Package Management) - EN - utf8".

If I import the same iTunes xml file on SBS running on the mac, it works fine. Uploaded to the NAS, it then fails during custom itunes stats scan.

I checked in the xml and characters are showing up as Ú or whatever. I also telneted into the NAS and doing a file listing they show up as Ú too!

I'm glad if it's fixed in 7.7, but Synology literally only just released their 7.6 package!

Finally Fixed!

The problem has been fixed in 7.6.2.
    iTunes scan on Linux now works with special/international characters in path or file names.

See:
    http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=17530
    http://svn.slimdevices.com/repos/sli...hangelog7.html

Thanks Andy!

Klaus
    LMS 7.2.2 on Squeezeplug V4.08 (Debian) / iTunes integration / Logitech Boom & Touch / iPeng on iPhone 3GS

Bug is back

The bug is back in LMS 7.7.1-33681! I can't believe it!

After upgrading to LMS, the iTunes scanner fails to find special (non-ASCII) characters.

This had already been fixed in SBS 7.6.2, see Bug No. 17530 (http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=17530)

I went back to SBS 7.6.2-33593 and everything works fine.

Andy, can you please fix it in LMS?

Thanks!

Klaus

Corrupt server.prefs file causing iTunes bug?

Hello everybody suffering from SBS not finding songs in the iTunes library with non-ISO characters in the file name.

Could the bug be related to a corrupt/faulty server.prefs file?

After switching back to SBS 7.6.2-r33593 everything worked fine until yesterday. Then songs with special characters were missing again. I hadn't changed anything in the system or in iTunes.

I decided to deleted the var\lib\squeezeboxserver\prefs\server.prefs file and configured SBS from scratch.

Surprise, the scanner found all my songs in the iTunes library and no errors in the scanner log.

Can anybody confirm this?

Thanks
    Klaus

_ts_ entries in server.prefs cause iTunes Scanner to miss special characters

Now this is strange. On a fresh install, the iTunes scanner finds all my songs. However, after a few scans, the scanner starts missing the songs with special characters in the path or file name (UTF8 encoding bug).

I had previously discovered that the problem is related with the server.prefs file and started experimenting with the file. If I delete the time stamps "_ts_..." entries from my server.prefs file, the scanner is happy and finds again all my songs.

Can anybody explain this to me?

Klaus

Any difference if you do " clear and rescan everything " or just "Scan for new and changed "
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (in storage SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    Any difference if you do " clear and rescan everything " or just "Scan for new and changed "
    Actually, "Scan for new and changed" doesn't work for me. The scanner fails to pick up new or changed songs. I always do a clear rescan. Not a problem since I'm not updating my library very often.

Regards
    Klaus