Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter314 View Post
    Thanks from me too, Ralph; really useful and intuitive software.

I was pleased to find that quite a few dvd-audio discs contained files that could be ripped to 24-bit/48 kHz flacs that sound excellent on a SB.

In case anyone is interested, rippable dvd-a media included: Mike Oldfield, Tubular Bells 2003; ELP, Brain Salad Surgery; Yes, Fragile; and the Naxos recording of Holst's The Planets + Mystic Trumpeter.

But no luck with Grateful Dead, American Beauty, or Deep Purple, Machine Head.
    Peter,

These DVD-Audio discs probably have their PCM and/or DD/DTS tracks protected using MLP, which is what Fleetwod Mac's Rumor DVD-Audio disc has. There are ways around this issue by using DVD-Audio Explorer. Search this forum for "Rumors" and you will see some details posted by me. If they don't make sense you can PM me.

Thanks Kiwi, DVD-Audio Explorer ripped stereo wavs from Machine Head with no trouble at all. They were listed as 24/96, and looking at the size of the resulting flac files I can well believe that this is correct.

All play well using Foobar; now to try wireless through a Squeezebox!

I have some SACDs that I ripped 24-bit at 48 KHz and it chokes my Squeezeboxes. They were originally ripped into WAV at 24/48 then converted to Apple Lossless (which retains those characteristics). The ALAC converter seems to just produce garbage fro these files, but they play fine in iTunes.
    Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Quote Originally Posted by Amp_Fan View Post
    I have some SACDs that I ripped 24-bit at 48 KHz and it chokes my Squeezeboxes. They were originally ripped into WAV at 24/48 then converted to Apple Lossless (which retains those characteristics). The ALAC converter seems to just produce garbage fro these files, but they play fine in iTunes.
    The 24/48 tracks that I ripped previously all stream fine to my SBs - and they sound great. The 24/96 tracks are also streaming without any hiccups - although I guess they are being transcoded to 24/48 in the SB (running 7.3.2) as it can't natively play 24/96.

What did you use to rip SACDs to 24/48?

Quote Originally Posted by ralphpnj View Post
    Try DVD Audio Extractor: http://www.castudio.org/dvdaudioextractor/

The program supports ripping directly to 2 channel (stereo) flac files.
    This link is not working. Does anybody have a safe link that does, or know of a similar program

Thanks

Thanks for the link !

I just wondering if I can get some answers from internet but found some really useful information right here, thanks!
    Last edited by fuffy; 2017-05-06 at 08:36.