Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

MusicIP on QNAP 439

Hello,

i've installed MusicIP on the QNAP 439 (should also work in the same way on the other x86 QNAP models).

I took the inputs from edk in the wiki:
    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph..._SqueezeCenter

You need to download the linux x86 version

copy the folder (from the tgz) 'MusicMagicMixer' to volume1 and rename it to MusicIP.

Then copy the file 'mmserver' from the attachment to /volume1/MusicIP
    Copy the 'ssots.sh' file to /volume1/SSODS

Now it should be possible to start the server with './mmserver start' in the MusicIP directory. The script changes the owner and rights of the directories and starts MusicIP with the ssods user.

During next boot sequence, ssots.sh will do this for you.

You can scan your library from the webinterface

http://IP_OF_YOUR_NAS:10002

The rest is documented in the wiki.

I also tried to install genpuid for automatic scans, but here i still have some problems. (I had to download a separate library (libstdc++.so.5))

The process starts, but then it seems to be, that the server cannot load the updated library. Also the archive flag is critical, since it corrupted some mp3 files (not only the tags). I will update you, when this process is working.

Up to now, i am happy to have the functionality of MusicIP in Squeezecenter. This is working excellent.

The time for scanning my 4.5k files was about 1.5 days.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2 x Squeezebox 3 - 1 x Squeezebox Touch - SSOTS 4.14 - Squeezecenter 7.7.3 - QNAP TS439 Pro (3.6.3) - 4 x 500 GB Hitachi (RAID5)

Scheduling Rescan with MusicIP

Hi,

boogleing the Internet, i have found another option to automatically rescan the Music library with MusicIP

just adapt the following lines (location of your Music and times)and place them into the crontab:

Code:
    30 3 * * * wget -q -O /dev/null "http://localhost:10002/server/add?root=/share/Music" >/dev/null 2>&1 # Add New Music to MusicIP,
    0 4 * * * wget -q -O /dev/null "http://localhost:10002/server/refresh" >/dev/null 2>&1 # Trigger MIP to Refresh the library for deleted/re-tag
    30 4 * * * wget -q -O /dev/null "http://localhost:10002/server/validate?action=Start Validation"  >/dev/null 2>&1 # Trigger MusicIP to Validate new songs
    regarding the genpuid i still have problems and it seems to me that the MIP database gets corrupted when i run this programm. Afterwards, the server is not able to load the db anymore.
    2 x Squeezebox 3 - 1 x Squeezebox Touch - SSOTS 4.14 - Squeezecenter 7.7.3 - QNAP TS439 Pro (3.6.3) - 4 x 500 GB Hitachi (RAID5)

Red face Mix Filters

This is great and I have just 2 things to sort now:
    1. mmserver doesn't seem to start automatically? I've copied the ssots file into the SSODS directory but no joy?
    2. Id really really really like to be able to create a mix filter - I've tried to track down the default.m3lib file but I can't see it in the directory (I was going to replace it with my windows library that contains the filter and then do a rescan / rebuild)

Any guidance / advice on these would be greatly appreciated

Cool Partial success ...

I've managed to track down the default.m3lib file here:
    /share/HDA_DATA/SSODS/.MusicMagic

I replaced this with the windows version - refreshed musicip (lost all data) and then restarted the scan. I can now use the one filter I had created!!

This is a fairly brutal way to achieve a reletively small thing but worth it.

Now I just need to figure out why mmserver command isn't running automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by BBear View Post
    I've managed to track down the default.m3lib file here:
    /share/HDA_DATA/SSODS/.MusicMagic

I replaced this with the windows version - refreshed musicip (lost all data) and then restarted the scan. I can now use the one filter I had created!!

This is a fairly brutal way to achieve a reletively small thing but worth it.

Now I just need to figure out why mmserver command isn't running automatically.
    Hi,
    indeed, the library is in a subdirectory of SSODS. Actually i don't know, how to change. Then ini file seems to have no impact. This is probably due to the start-stop-daemon.

You cannot use other libraries (eg from windows), since the absolute path is stored in the database.

Is the script mmserver executable?

-> chmod oug+x mmserver

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by mr_hyde View Post
    You cannot use other libraries (eg from windows), since the absolute path is stored in the database.
    -> chmod oug+x mmserver
    I had to delete the songs out of the windows version but this seems to work (the filter is now listed in the SC settings for music IP).

Is the script mmserver executable?
    I can run it manually through putty going to the mmserver directory and selecting ./mmserver start

-> chmod oug+x mmserver
    ... returns a prompt [/volume1/MusicIP] - no errors seen

I've double checked that both scripts (ssots and mmserver) have been replaced with your versions by comparing the text...

Unhappy

Hello,
    You need to download the linux x86 version

copy the folder (from the tgz) 'MusicMagicMixer' to volume1 and rename it to MusicIP.

Then copy the file 'mmserver' from the attachment to /volume1/MusicIP
    Copy the 'ssots.sh' file to /volume1/SSODS

Now it should be possible to start the server with './mmserver start' in the MusicIP directory.
    Don't know if this helps but the output of the ./mmserver start:

[/volume1/MusicIP] # ./mmserver start
    chown: /volume1/SSODS/./share/doc/LICENSE.squeezecenter: No such file or directory
    chown: /volume1/SSODS/./share/doc/LICENSE.slimserver: No such file or directory
    chown: /volume1/SSODS/./share/man/man8/display-services.8.gz: No such file or directory
    chown: /volume1/SSODS/./share/man/man8/need.8.gz: No such file or directory
    chown: /volume1/SSODS/./share/man/man7/Modes_of_DES.7.gz: No such file or directory
    chmod: /volume1/SSODS/./share/doc/LICENSE.squeezecenter: No such file or directory
    chmod: /volume1/SSODS/./share/doc/LICENSE.slimserver: No such file or directory
    chmod: /volume1/SSODS/./share/man/man8/display-services.8.gz: No such file or directory
    chmod: /volume1/SSODS/./share/man/man8/need.8.gz: No such file or directory
    chmod: /volume1/SSODS/./share/man/man7/Modes_of_DES.7.gz: No such file or directory
    Running MusicMagicServer
    [/volume1/MusicIP] # /volume1/SSODS/bin/nohup: appending output to `nohup.out'

Don't know if this helps but the output of the ./mmserver start:
    It's the same on my NAS. Should be no problem.

Question I assume if you restart ....

It's the same on my NAS. Should be no problem.
    Silly question given you wrote the scripts - I take it yours starts automatically with ssots when you restart the TS-439? Did you have to change any ssots settings?

Silly question given you wrote the scripts - I take it yours starts automatically with ssots when you restart the TS-439? Did you have to change any ssots settings?
    Hi BBear,

i have changed nothing. When SqueezeCenter is started automatically, also MIP is started via the 'patched' ssots.sh