Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    On freelink the officially provided debian-package should work out of the box. (downloads.slimdevices.com).

The only reason it doesn't on the original buffalo firmware is, that the perl versions (multithreaded vs. non-multithreaded) don't match.
    This shouldn't be the case for freelink.
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

Quote Originally Posted by parsifal9 View Post
    Should these instructions work for a Freelink (FreeLink_arm9-1.0rev2) installation on a Linkstation Pro?
    The instructions in this thread are not intended for use with FreeLink firmware.

For FreeLink, you should refer to farallon's thread http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=46005.

Cool SC on a Buffalo Pro LS-XH1.0TL

Hi

I'd like to thank tirelegs for his sterlng efforts and time spent on documenting the install procedure for us all, and I'm about to brave the SC install on my new LS-XH1.0TL. I do live in fear of "bricking" it. Can anyone else lift my confidence and allay my fears that I wont be seeing either smoke or the lights going out permenantly on my new unit . i.e. are there anymore out there running SC on a LS-XH1.0TL

Many Thanks

Smile Update ..installed super easy.

Many Thanks

Just an update...breezed through the install, worked like a charm, I got a little confused around the dual message bit, had to hit enter twice in Telent, but SC is working brilliantly. It does seem a lot quicker than my old dead QNAP TS-101. Thank you very much to all those who have contributed into making this happen especially TiredLegs, after all his typing effort, maybe he should change name his to tiredtypingfngers.

My Buffalo rocks .... hopefully doesnt dump frequnetly.

Installing LAME on Linkstation

I have installed Squeezebox on my Linkstation, which sucessfully acts as a music server on my network. Now I want to install LAME also to limit bandwidth needs for a few wireless devices. Before I attempt this (and perhaps screw things up) I want to ask for your guideance and step-by-step instructions please.

Thanks for the instructions, but I think the first page should be amended to point out that the first few steps (activating telnet) won't work on a machine with firmware later than 1.10. I followed the instructions on the Linkstation wiki to crack the firmware on my LS-XHL1.0 and then picked up Tired Legs' instructions once I had telnet enabled and now successfully have slimcenter working.
    The problem is, I have some of my music encoded as AAC. I have installed Lame and FAAD (fixed-point version) but the performance of playback is pretty poor: I get frequent interruptions as my SB re-buffers. Checking the load on the Linkstation shows that the CPU is extremely busy - 94-98%, so I think it just isn't up to the job. I did wonder about putting in a wired link to my SB but I guess that will just increase the load further on the LS.
    Anyone have any other ideas or am I just going to have to convert all my AACs to something else, in which case can anyone recommend something that can do this wholesale?
    Cheers.

Stuck at ACP install...

Hmmmm...I can't even get past the initial steps.

When I try to run the ACP install, I get a socket timeout. My firewall is off. I'm running 1.10 firmware. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by daytrpr View Post
    Hmmmm...I can't even get past the initial steps.

When I try to run the ACP install, I get a socket timeout. My firewall is off. I'm running 1.10 firmware. Any ideas?
    Never mind...got it working (actually, used the "even easier..." method. Woo Hoo! Thanks for the instructions.