Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ajkidle
    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Howard Passman
    First you have to open two ports on your router. 9000 and another I can't remember off the top of my head.
    Hi Howard - any update on the other port that needs to be opened? Hoping to give this a spin this weekend.

Thanks!

Andy

Squeezeboxen: Sadly, I no longer own any Squeezebox
    Controlled by: iPhone 5S running iPeng
    Server: MSI Nettop 100 running VortexBox 2.2, LMS 7.7.2
    Network: AT&T U-verse, Apple Time Capsule A1409, 5 Netgear Powerline AV200 Adapters
    Music Sources: Local FLACs, Rhapsody, Pandora

Squeezebox is dead. Long live Squeezebox!

Comment

• p-cubed
      • Jan 2008

here is a link to the wiki:

Comment

• Howard Passman
        • Apr 2008

Aj...

Originally posted by ajkidle
        Hi Howard - any update on the other port that needs to be opened? Hoping to give this a spin this weekend.

Thanks!

Andy
        First, thanks p-cubed. I could not find that article to save my life. AJ, the two ports are 9000 and 3483, but you need to be certain to forward those posts to the ip address of your SC and not just open them (yet another good reason to use static ip on your home network). Also, set up a password in SC (settings/squeeze network) for networking when you have the forwarding on.

As a side note, I find when the password security is enabled in SC, that SC doesn't like to be updated, so make sure to turn the password off *before* updating SC versions. I don't know if everyone has an issue with that, but I most definitely do.

Have fun

Howard

Comment

Working...