Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Question About SqueezePlay

I have SqueezeCenter 7.2.1 installed on my Windows Home Server. My SqueezeBox Classic is able to access the music files stored on my server, and everything is working perfectly.

I was interested in trying your Beta SqueezePlay. I installed that on a different Vista PC, that is part of my home network. SqueezePlay immediately itentified that my music source is my home server, but it is unable to connect.

My question is: do I need to have SqueezeCenter also installed on that PC where I've installed SqueezePlay?

Hi, Please try with the last version of SC (7.3). I've had the same problem with 7.2.1 (unable to connect to my network) but now since the upgrade of last week all is ok now with Squeezeplay.

No, but you need to be running SC 7.3 for Squeezeplay. Running SC 7.3 on WHS here and Squeezeplay works from my Vista client.
    Sue
    "If you're happy and you know it turn the volume up and blow it out."

1 Touch | 2 Booms | 2 Radios | 1 Duet | 1 SB2
    HP Proliant N54G | Logitech Media Server 7.8 | iPhone & iPad w/ iPeng
    Find me on Last.FM | Twitter | Rhapsody
    My Journey to Musical Bliss | Squeezebox is Dead. Long Live Squeezebox.

Latest SqueezeCenter + Latest SqueezePlay = SUCCESS

A big thank you to both of you who responded to my question. After updating both SqueezeCenter (7.3) and the very latest SqueezePlay, SqueezePlay is now able to connect to my network and play the music files on my Windows Home Server.

This is why I LOVE SqueezeBox, and the wonderful support provided by both Logitech's Tech Support and by the members of the community over the forums.