Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

!00 Track Album Limit? + other issues

Hi All

I've been going over my library this last week and discovered a whole bunch of problems that are causing me much grief

Mainly problems have revolved around compilations, unfortunately the facet that there are a few seperate issues have made my life hard

So far I'v found issues due to cue files for mix albums, and issues due to old APE tags hiding in the odd MP3 file

Now I'm finding a few problems with large compilations

ie, the rolling stones magazine top 500 songs ...... it seems to split the "album" into 5 entries under various artists, each entry with exactly 100 tracks ....... is there a way to make all 500 show under one album?

also I'm getting numerous album entries (like 5) for a personalised 120 track wedding party music "album" .... there is consistency with track artist and comilation is set to 1 and band is blank for all ..... is this a bug? is there a problem because the album contains different years or genres?

These probs are driving me nuts, I just want to stop fiddling, rescanning, and just have my library sorted. Any assistance appreciated

cheers

warwick

>it seems to split the "album" into 5 entries under various artists, each entry with exactly 100 tracks<

Chances are you've got some ID3v1 tags left in there where the album name is '1-100', '101-200' etc.

YOu need mp3tag to be sure that all ID3v1 and APE tags have been deleted from mp3 files, read the wiki on how to do it. I've got albums each with 100+ tracks, so it's not Squeezecentre that's splitting them.

Your tags need to be spot on before you start on compilations. TBH, I've found compilations in SqueezeCenter work fine, just use mp3tag to set COMPILATION=1 and have make sure the album name tag is identical for each track in the directory.
    Last edited by amcluesent; 2008-12-09 at 05:56.

Ben Sandee

!00 Track Album Limit? + other issues

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 6:39 AM, amcluesent
    <amcluesent.3k5iwn1228826401 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:
    >
    >>it seems to split the "album" into 5 entries under various artists,

> each entry with exactly 100 tracks<
    >
    > Chances are you've got some ID3v1 tags left in there where the album
    > name is '1-100', '101-200' etc.
    >
    > YOu need mp3tag to be sure that all ID3v1 and APE tags have been
    > deleted from mp3 files, read the wiki on how to do it.

Seconded. I've got several compilations of > 100 albums with no such
    problem. Clean up the tags and the OP will be good to go.

Ben