Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Red face Unstable testers

First of all, I'm blond but I do have a Bsc. of Computer Science.

I'm yearning to contribute to the SC7 (or 8) development team to act as a (blond) tester.

Is this welcomed at all?
    Do I just install the "Unstable" version and yabber here about my (mis-)happs or do you want me to post an honest, yet succinct, yet complete bug report on bugs.slimdevices.com?

(Btw. I'm looking for a job....)
    Ripping: EAC (free and great)
    Squeezebox Server 7.8.0 / Arch64 / Intel 945GCLF2
    Squeezebox Classic, Quad 303 + two Quad ESL 57
    [urkl="http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Squeezebox_Touch"]Squeezebox Touch[/url], Denon AVR 1912 (Pure Direct) + two CM8 + two CM1 + CMC
    Squeezebox Radio White, SqueezePlay 7.8.0 r192
    make an offer and I buy your transporterlast.fm, SoS, linn

formerly known as Fletch
    Quote Originally Posted by th00ht View Post
    Do I just install the "Unstable" version and yabber here about my (mis-)happs or do you want me to post an honest, yet succinct, yet complete bug report on bugs.slimdevices.com?
    IMO, it's generally best to do some of both. If you find something that just seems weird, confusing, incomplete, etc, it's probably best to post in the beta forum first. For anything that's obviously broken, just file a bug.

...and always search the bugs database to see if it's already been reported before posting a new bug If you post a duplicate bug, it will get marked as a dupe and closed, but sometimes there is useful diagnostic info in your bug report. It's much better to add info to an existing bug report, if you can find one.