Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

SC doesn't know my Favorites, SN does

I just installed SC and at the same time my SB requested, and received, a firmware update. After some newbie flailing around getting the SB to connect to SC (see my earlier thread) I managed to get the SB and the SC to see each other.

Problem is, my Favorites list is empty in SC. When I connect the SB to SN, I do have access to my Favorites.

What's the trick? Do I need to import my favorites into SC or something?
    -- rocket j squirrel

Quote Originally Posted by rocket j squirrel View Post
    I just installed SC and at the same time my SB requested, and received, a firmware update. After some newbie flailing around getting the SB to connect to SC (see my earlier thread) I managed to get the SB and the SC to see each other.

Problem is, my Favorites list is empty in SC. When I connect the SB to SN, I do have access to my Favorites.

What's the trick? Do I need to import my favorites into SC or something?
    SC and SN are two completely different servers. There may be a way to capture your SN Favorites and get them into SC, I dunno.
    There is some way of doing this via OPML but I've never messed with it myself.

Thumbs down

Seriously? One needs to manually re-install the SN favorites into SC? Who the heck thought that was a good idea?
    -- rocket j squirrel

Quote Originally Posted by rocket j squirrel View Post
    Seriously? One needs to manually re-install the SN favorites into SC? Who the heck thought that was a good idea?
    Well, probably the same person who thought up the idea that files on one computer will be different than files on another computer.

Two different servers are, in essence, two different computers. I believe future versions of SC and SN may incorporate some sort of "syncing" to do this for you.

But I'd wait for others to chime in here with a solution for you (like the OPML thingy) before you re-enter all those streams into SC.

Wish I had a better answer for you.

Cool

Well, yeah, okay. Some way to synch would be swell. Seems like oversight to me. Unless I'm in some small minority of users who expect SC to pick up on one's SN Favorites.

I reckon I could use SN for favorite streams, and SC for my iTunes library. Clunky, tho'.
    -- rocket j squirrel

On SN web page - Favorites - at the bottom there is a link "Access your Favorites as OPML"

Copy the URL on this link and add it as a Favorite on your SC.

@ bpa: and Hey presto! it works. Many thanks!
    -- rocket j squirrel