Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    This is a great app .Well worth the 9.99 .

Pippin, I don't know how you feel about this but when
    you hit the album artwork to play the album you do not go directly to the whats playing
    screen.You need to flick your finger to get it there.

Quote Originally Posted by jhonsberger@msn.com View Post
    This is a great app .Well worth the 9.99 .

Pippin, I don't know how you feel about this but when
    you hit the album artwork to play the album you do not go directly to the whats playing
    screen.You need to flick your finger to get it there.
    So you feel it should? It also doesn't do this on the "Touch-And-Hold" gesture
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by bugmenot View Post
    Does the App Store work this way? AFAIK the model is that once you buy the app, you are entitled to all updates.
    Not necessarily. AFAIK, you can decide whether an upgrade is free or paid.
    However, I didn't go into details, I don't plan any paid upgrades soon, all the next ones will be free.
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Another feature request

It's working really well for me. MusicIP integration would be wonderful - is this likely any time soon?

WOW !

This is a brilliant app! When I first installed it I didn't think it was working - no prompts for the server's IP address, no downloading of the SC database... It *just works* ! Within seconds you're browsing your music collection and playing music And it's *Fast* !

A couple of questions - how do I get to the love/ban icons for LastFM?, and is MusicIP supported? I don't see any icons for creating a MusicIP-generated playlist so I'm guessing the answer here is No

A couple of observations from the first hour or so of usage;

I find the volume control difficult to use - it seems to be very choosy about the touch-sensitive area. This applies to the 'main' volume bar at the bottom, and even more so on the individual volume controls on the multi-player control page.

The edit-playlist seems to drop out of editing mode for no reason, sometimes a fraction of a second after entering edit mode, sometimes after a few tens of seconds.

Those minor niggles apart, iPeng is a joy to use. Did I mention it's fast?

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Not necessarily. AFAIK, you can decide whether an upgrade is free or paid.
    However, I didn't go into details, I don't plan any paid upgrades soon, all the next ones will be free.
    Great to hear!

Are there any plans to support local playback? (through the stream.mp3 for example) to get around the streaming issue the iPhone has with any mp3 streams....
    Transporter -> Shanling SP-80C -> Dynaudio Audience 122
    ___ └---------------------------> BK Monolith

Quote Originally Posted by AndyWright View Post
    WOW !

This is a brilliant app! When I first installed it I didn't think it was working - no prompts for the server's IP address, no downloading of the SC database... It *just works* ! Within seconds you're browsing your music collection and playing music And it's *Fast* !
    Isn't that how it's supposed to be? ;-)
    A couple of questions - how do I get to the love/ban icons for LastFM?, and is MusicIP supported? I don't see any icons for creating a MusicIP-generated playlist so I'm guessing the answer here is No
    Love/Ban shows up like on the web skins: in place of the shuffle/repeat icons on the NowPlaying overlay. You get to that by clicking on the empty cover art screen on NowPlaying. That's also where TrackStat rating is.

MusicIP: Not yet, sorry for that, will be in one of the next upgrades.
    I think Michael suggested to put MIP playlists into favorites.

I find the volume control difficult to use - it seems to be very choosy about the touch-sensitive area. This applies to the 'main' volume bar at the bottom, and even more so on the individual volume controls on the multi-player control page.
    Yes, an observation I have also made on Apple's own remote (yet not on the iPod application). We had quite a bit of discussion around this during beta and it's a bit of a tradeoff. The default behavior of that slider is that you can click anywhere and it will jump to that position, but most testers thought that's a bad behavior because you can easily change your volume by accident. Now you have to drag the handle (BTW, that's how Apple themselves do it, too, although their own control doesn't support that mode "out of the box"!) which for some reason sometimes seems to be hard to hit.
    I'll try to further improve it.
    The edit-playlist seems to drop out of editing mode for no reason, sometimes a fraction of a second after entering edit mode, sometimes after a few tens of seconds.
    OOps. I'll investigate.
    That it drops out after a while is on purpose because the edit mode blocks updates to the playlist (e.g. through the playlist changing in the background, as is the case for dynamic playlists).
    That's due to a strange error in Apple's UITableView controller class that drops elements from the list when updating while dragging something. I'll also investigate if that's still an issue with 2.2
    [/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Heimiko View Post
    Great to hear!

Are there any plans to support local playback? (through the stream.mp3 for example) to get around the streaming issue the iPhone has with any mp3 streams....
    Definitely.
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Think i was one of the first to download it, but been away now for 48h so have not been able to test it. Just want to go home, download it to my other iphones and play around. If it is as good as I hope, i will buy an ipod touch as well to use as a dedicated remote, leaving the original remote to be placed in the bathroom or something.

So you feel it should? It also doesn't do this on the "Touch-And-Hold" gesture

I'm not sure yet.I'll have to play around with it some more when I get home from work.

By the way,the Rhapsody New music category is brilliant.Many times I add
    new music and forget what i added and it just gets lost in the mix( i add lots of music)

Isn't that how it's supposed to be? ;-)

Love/Ban shows up like on the web skins: in place of the shuffle/repeat icons on the NowPlaying overlay. You get to that by clicking on the empty cover art screen on NowPlaying. That's also where TrackStat rating is.

MusicIP: Not yet, sorry for that, will be in one of the next upgrades.
    I think Michael suggested to put MIP playlists into favorites.

Yes, an observation I have also made on Apple's own remote (yet not on the iPod application). We had quite a bit of discussion around this during beta and it's a bit of a tradeoff. The default behavior of that slider is that you can click anywhere and it will jump to that position, but most testers thought that's a bad behavior because you can easily change your volume by accident. Now you have to drag the handle (BTW, that's how Apple themselves do it, too, although their own control doesn't support that mode "out of the box"!) which for some reason sometimes seems to be hard to hit.
    I'll try to further improve it.

OOps. I'll investigate.
    That it drops out after a while is on purpose because the edit mode blocks updates to the playlist (e.g. through the playlist changing in the background, as is the case for dynamic playlists).
    That's due to a strange error in Apple's UITableView controller class that drops elements from the list when updating while dragging something. I'll also investigate if that's still an issue with 2.2

OK, I'll go hide under a rock... I wasn't playing tracks via Last.fm - hence no icons.... Now that I'm streaming something from LastFM I can see the icons D'oh !

Points taken re. the volume control - I definitely agree it's better to slide the control than have the 'click anywhere'. I've actually got more used to it now, I was trying to be too precise with my fingertip - I find if I'm more ham-fisted it works better

I've been trying to see if there's a pattern to the edit playlist dropping out but can't really see one. I guess it could just be happening whenever the server is polled?

Would there be any way of being able to delete multiple tracks from the playlist? Deleting more than 4 or 5 can get a bit tedious.

Andy.