Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 93 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Looks very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Now on the iPhone App Store for $9.99.
    How much will future upgrades cost?

Also, does it integrate CustomBrowse?
    And is it possible to use Search?

Quote Originally Posted by ram View Post
    Very nice interface.

I may be being stupid but I can't find how to add current song to favourites. Has the function not been added to 1.0?
    No, it will be in 1.1 but only for server versions from 7.3 on.

Quote Originally Posted by pufnstuf View Post
    Thanks Pippin for all your hard work on iPeng. This version is nice and FAST!

I love it so far (approx 15 mins playing around), however on the screen that displays list of players I can't seem to scroll down to see all players in list.

Is there a trick I am missing?

EDIT: Indeed it was user error... If I place finger on screen, pause, and *then* flick up or down I can successfully scroll through list of players! yay!

Thanks again!
    Yes, that is one thing that is a little uncomfortable on that view (yet it only affects users with more than three players or several servers). That will be changed in one of the following versions, yet I don't know exactly, when.

Quote Originally Posted by jazztime View Post
    Looks very nice!

How much will future upgrades cost?

Also, does it integrate CustomBrowse?
    And is it possible to use Search?
    Search: yes. Works very well.
    Custom Browse: not yet, will be in one of the next updates.

Upgrades: all 1.x upgrades will be free (until at least browse, plugin etc. functionality is complete).
    Pricing for other versions is not decided, yet.
    Last edited by pippin; 2008-11-25 at 03:47.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Judging by the screenshots, you did an incredible work (in the right following of iPeng skin). I'm longing to try it tonight.

Thanks for being such a good contributor of the SB community!

Robin

This is so GOOD!!!!!

This is so much better then the Squid software..

Super fast, easy to use.

Have only found one issue so far:
    If I select podcast I get an error message that the sever cant be found and when I closed this message the iPeng crashed.

But I cant reproduce this error again.

The is so GOOD!!!!

This is so much better then the Squid software..

Super fast, easy to use.

Have only found one issue so far:
    If I select podcast I get an error message that the sever cant be found and when I closed this message the iPeng crashed.

But I cant reproduce this error again.

Feature Request

Hello Pippin,

One thing that would be an real enhancment to this would be to use the volume button on the iPhone to change the volume on the remote player.

Saw that you wrote someting about limitations from Apple but many games uses the volum buttons to change the volume of the sound in the game so I cant see why Apple not would allow you to use the Volume button in iPeng to change the volume of the player

Finally available!

Congratulations for the release, Pippin!!

As I said before, this is gonna be a killer application - worth every cent of the $9,99!

Cheers,

Vitor

Quote Originally Posted by Borgen View Post
    Hello Pippin,

One thing that would be an real enhancment to this would be to use the volume button on the iPhone to change the volume on the remote player.

Saw that you wrote someting about limitations from Apple but many games uses the volum buttons to change the volume of the sound in the game so I cant see why Apple not would allow you to use the Volume button in iPeng to change the volume of the player
    You are only allowed to use the buttons to change the volume of the device itself. Are there games that control the volume of anything else?

I did even implement that feature but I will only go out with it when I see some precedence (or maybe when I have a few versions on the App Store)

So far, Apple has been very strict with me on UI issues, part of the delay was because I did get a second rejection because the "loading..." spinners kept spinning indefinitely when you turn on Airline Mode instead of bringing up an error message.
    Which is a valid point, and I DO have to admit it came up during the beta, yet it shows that they really care about their guidelines.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

You are only allowed to use the buttons to change the volume of the device itself. Are there games that control the volume of anything else?
    Hmmm stupid limitation.... but then again it is Apple we are talking about. They cant even spell right in their own applications (and I am NOT saying that I am a good "speller" english is not my native language). Saw a post that in the new 2.2 update for the iPhone/iPod the have spelled Categories in this way "Catagories" in the iTunes/podcast part.

You can twist and turn this limitation. You could say that the volume buttons are changing the volume on the iPhone/iPod itself (which it actually does because the volume meter in the application changes) and then the application changes the volume on the remote player which apperently are allowed today because that is what you do today.

Upgrades: all 1.x upgrades will be free (until at least browse, plugin etc. functionality is complete).
    Pricing for other versions is not decided, yet.
    Does the App Store work this way? AFAIK the model is that once you buy the app, you are entitled to all updates.