Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 93 1231151 ... LastLast

iPeng now available in the iTunes Apps store

Hi all,

Just happened to see iPeng pop up on the iTunes Apps store!!

.....and before anybody asks the question - Yes I have paid and displayed :-)

.........and now for an evening of comparing this and Squigy.

iPeng Application 1.0 now on the App Store

You liked the iPeng skin? Just thought a WebApp is too slow? Well, then we’ve got something for you:

Explore iPeng usability and iPhone speed with the iPeng 1.0 now on the iPhone App Store.

It’s the ultimate remote control software for Logitech® Squeezebox™ players and the SqueezeCenter server. Have full control over the music all over your home with your iPhone or iPod touch.

We told you it would come and we told you it would have limited functionality but Coolio has been an insisting Penguin, so now it does already give you a bit more than originally expected. Here are the highlights:

* Explore your music library at unprecedented ease: Browse your library categories at our wingtips and select one of “play”, “add” or “add next”. And do that on any level that has playable content with the “touch-and-hold” gesture. Available Categories are
    o Albums, Artists, Genres, Playlists, Favorites

* NowPlaying screen with multi-page controls: Let’s you do all player related activities in one place
    * Play Internet Radio, Music Services and Podcasts: Everything that can be accessed through SqueezeCenter can be accessed through iPeng. Including Search, Artwork and all the other goodies. With the same playback functionality as for the library (as available for streaming content)

* Manage, simultaneously control and synchronize all your Squeezebox™ players and servers with iPeng’s MultiPlayer control: iPeng’s MultiPlayer control now is the main dashboard to select , manage and control your players. And Servers.

* Manage your playlist: Re-order and directly play the Tracks on the current playlist.

* Have full control over your player features: shuffle, repeat, rate songs, love and ban tracks for music services and much more. On the overlay of the artwork screen. Just as you know it from iPeng.

* Full localization through SqueezeCenter: iPeng itself is currently English only, but most menu items and texts are fully localized as of your server setting.

Now on the iPhone App Store for $9.99.

Download and have fun!

iPeng Application now on the App Store

You liked the iPeng skin? Just thought a WebApp is too slow? Well, then we’ve got something for you:

Explore iPeng usability and iPhone speed with the iPeng 1.0 now on the iPhone App Store.

It’s the ultimate remote control software for Logitech® Squeezebox™ players and the SqueezeCenter server. Have full control over the music all over your home with your iPhone or iPod touch.

We told you it would come and we told you it would have limited functionality but Coolio has been an insisting Penguin, so now it does already give you a bit more than originally expected. Here are the highlights:

* Explore your music library at unprecedented ease: Browse your library categories at our wingtips and select one of “play”, “add” or “add next”. And do that on any level that has playable content with the “touch-and-hold” gesture. Available Categories are
    o Albums, Artists, Genres, Playlists, Favorites

* NowPlaying screen with multi-page controls: Let’s you do all player related activities in one place
    * Play Internet Radio, Music Services and Podcasts: Everything that can be accessed through SqueezeCenter can be accessed through iPeng. Including Search, Artwork and all the other goodies. With the same playback functionality as for the library (as available for streaming content)

* Manage, simultaneously control and synchronize all your Squeezebox™ players and servers with iPeng’s MultiPlayer control: iPeng’s MultiPlayer control now is the main dashboard to select , manage and control your players. And Servers.

* Manage your playlist: Re-order and directly play the Tracks on the current playlist.

* Have full control over your player features: shuffle, repeat, rate songs, love and ban tracks for music services and much more. On the overlay of the artwork screen. Just as you know it from iPeng.

* Full localization through SqueezeCenter: iPeng itself is currently English only, but most menu items and texts are fully localized as of your server setting.

Download and have fun!

www.penguinlovesmusic.com/?p=166

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...296941576&mt=8

And... Please... Don't complain about the icon, there are a few things, I simply can't do...
    Last edited by pippin; 2009-04-09 at 00:09.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Hi Pippin,

Yep, apologies, didn't mean to steal the thunder..........loyal fan I guess..........I might have even been the first purchaser!!

Spotted it on Appshopper.com

Quote Originally Posted by Siriosys View Post
    Hi Pippin,

Yep, apologies, didn't mean to steal the thunder..........loyal fan I guess..........I might have even been the first purchaser!!

Spotted it on Appshopper.com
    No problem.
    Cool to see you care!
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Just bought it and transferring it now. I'll let you know what I think.

Wow, in the first 3 minutes I know it's very fast. Very nice too. My favorites work quick and switching between my library was instantaneous. I didn't notice any loading of the library, it was just there. Very nice my friend.
    Last edited by Nonreality; 2008-11-25 at 02:47.
    If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use is the rule.

HTTP://www.last.fm/user/nonreality

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post

Very nice so far. It's fast and works perfect. I'm really happy with my first 10 minutes of playing with it. Favorites work great which was a concern since I have all my xm set up there. The library just was there, I didn't notice any delay with setting it up. It just worked. This is very nice.
    Last edited by Nonreality; 2008-11-25 at 03:09.
    If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use is the rule.

HTTP://www.last.fm/user/nonreality

Very nice interface.

I may be being stupid but I can't find how to add current song to favourites. Has the function not been added to 1.0?

Can't wait to get home and try it out!!!!

Love iPeng!

Thanks Pippin for all your hard work on iPeng. This version is nice and FAST!

I love it so far (approx 15 mins playing around), however on the screen that displays list of players I can't seem to scroll down to see all players in list.

Is there a trick I am missing?

EDIT: Indeed it was user error... If I place finger on screen, pause, and *then* flick up or down I can successfully scroll through list of players! yay!

Thanks again!
    Last edited by pufnstuf; 2008-11-25 at 03:27.