Hi -- Sorry in advance for a long post!

I'm having trouble getting Squeeze Center 2 to work on a Mac Mini running Leopard. I currentlyt have version 7.2.2 build 23974. I originally had version 7.1. All was OK. Then the server mysteriously failed to start up in the preferences pane (hence I can't start the web interface, etc).

1. Is there any way into the SC commands rather than through the preferences pane? Being new to this I probably have failed to find some rather obvious documentation.

I changed to 7.2 (overwriting 7.1) and all seemed to be OK. I added loads more music, and then my library wouldn't rescan. I heard that 7.2 had issues for rescanning, hence I upgraded to the latest build (a few weeks ago). Rescanning worked fine.

Then the server failed to start up again from the preferences pane. Rebooting or reinstalling new builds fails to fix this. I have found the error log server.log, which contains the following:

[08-11-22 13:29:37.9733] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (70) Error: DBI Connection failed: DBI connect('hostname=127.0.0.1;port=9092;database=sli mserver:mysql_socket=/Users/pdo/Library/Caches/SqueezeCenter/squeezecenter-mysql.sock','slimserver',...) failed: Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (61) at /Library/PreferencePanes/SqueezeCenter.prefPane/Contents/server/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 6
[08-11-22 13:29:37.9920] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (70) Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (/Library/PreferencePanes/SqueezeCenter.prefPane/Contents/server/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 70)
frame 1: Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (/Library/PreferencePanes/SqueezeCenter.prefPane/Contents/server/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 658)
frame 2: DBIx::Class::Storage:BI::_connect (/Library/PreferencePanes/SqueezeCenter.prefPane/Contents/server/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 616)
frame 3: DBIx::Class::Storage:BI::_populate_dbh (/Library/PreferencePanes/SqueezeCenter.prefPane/Contents/server/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 543)
frame 4: DBIx::Class::Storage:BI::ensure_connected (/Library/PreferencePanes/SqueezeCenter.prefPane/Contents/server/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 29)
frame 5: (eval) (/Library/PreferencePanes/SqueezeCenter.prefPane/Contents/server/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 29)
frame 6: Slim::Schema::Storage::dbh (/Library/PreferencePanes/SqueezeCenter.prefPane/Contents/server/Slim/Schema.pm line 131)
frame 7: Slim::Schema::init (/Library/PreferencePanes/SqueezeCenter.prefPane/Contents/server/Slim/Music/Info.pm line 76)
frame 8: Slim::Music::Info::init (./slimserver.pl line 368)
frame 9: main::init (./slimserver.pl line 479)
frame 10: main::main (./slimserver.pl line 1048)

[08-11-22 13:29:37.9925] Slim::Schema::init (134) Error: Couldn't connect to database! Fatal error: [Inappropriate ioctl for device] Exiting!
[08-11-22 13:29:37.9928] Slim::Schema::init (134) Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (/Library/PreferencePanes/SqueezeCenter.prefPane/Contents/server/Slim/Schema.pm line 134)
frame 1: Slim::Schema::init (/Library/PreferencePanes/SqueezeCenter.prefPane/Contents/server/Slim/Music/Info.pm line 76)
frame 2: Slim::Music::Info::init (./slimserver.pl line 368)
frame 3: main::init (./slimserver.pl line 479)
frame 4: main::main (./slimserver.pl line 1048)

[08-11-22 13:29:37.9933] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (1487) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!

2. Help!! My music library is on a separate hard drive, I can see the squeezebox and the computer on the router so all are there, and the configuration seems to be fine except that I cannot start the server or connect to it. Can someone point this idiot (me) to some helpful debugging/troubleshooting resources?

Thanks, and sorry for the long post!

-- Peter