Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    For 7.0,7.1 & 7.2 - the AACplus plugin (user still have install mplayer themselves)
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpo...4&postcount=19
    Hummm.... Looks interesting. If I ever get around to working out how to install it. What I'm wondering is, since SSODS for the Qnap seems to come with some sort of MPlayer binary, this might be an easy way to set up aac/aac+ on the Qnap. However I wouldn't know where to start as far as configuring it to do this.

One question. Obviously the Windows install is a Zip file, and the Lunix install is a tar.gz archive. Do these archives actually contain the same files? The reason I ask is that the Qnap is a Lunix device, however working out how to get it to extract tar.gz archives gets a bit complicated. So would it work if I just used my Laptop to unzip the Windows version, and then copy the extracted files to the appropiate folder on my Qnap.

Richard.

QNAP and SSODS is a bit of a special case but I thought the SSODS release notes gave instruictions how to get AACplus working (see http://oinkzwurgl.org/ssods_faq#toc18 ).

In 7.3 there is a beta feature which simplifies installing plugins - the feature downloads, unpacks and installs the plugin in the correct location. At present the plugin repositories are separate and maintained by plugin authors. At present the number of repositories is limited as 7.3 is still in beta.

In 7.3.1 it is likely to become a full feature in 7.3.1 with a central repository of plugins as well as author repositories.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    QNAP and SSODS is a bit of a special case but I thought the SSODS release notes gave instruictions how to get AACplus working (see http://oinkzwurgl.org/ssods_faq#toc18 ).
    Thanks, but the part where I'm a bit confused is that these instructions seem to assume that you have installed Alien BBC. Previously I installed Alien, and then used these instructions to edit the configuration files, that were instaled as part of the Alien Plugin. Without installing Alien, I would not know where to find the files configuration to amend.

So so far I might as well just install Alien again, which then leaves me unable to see the point of using your plugin.

Richard.

AACplus support needs a copy of mplayer installed and working. Having a working version of AlienBBC is way of ensuring that mplayer is installed, working and accessible by SC - that said AACplus suport does not need AlienBBC plugin.

The AACplus support also needs to add 3 conversion rules to the convert.conf file or custom-convert.conf file in the SqueezeCenter/server directory or in any custom-convert.conf file in a Plugins directory or a newe file in a directory of its own in server/Plugins directory.

As many users usually have a custom-convert.conf file - editing any custom-convert.conf (and again the AlienBBC custom-convert.conf was just a useful place for novice users) was suggested rather than creating directories and files.

Similarly for custom-types.conf and the strings.txt files.

Sorry, but this still doesn't answer my question.

If I upgrade my copy of Squeezecentre, don't install Alien BBC, but I install your Plugin instead, where do I find a copy of custom-convert.conf and the other configuration files. SSOTS should provide a working MPlayer, but some conversion rules would need to be set to use it. So if I don't install Alien, then are there other places where I can find the configuration files to amend.

Richard.

In the end I ended up going down the Alien BBC route. Even though I can't get any of the BBC streams work under Alien, it does provide an easy route to getting aac/aac+ up and running.

I've also installed the IPlayer plugin, and that works very well.

Richard.

Edit:

By a bit of trial and error, I've got it working
    I have removed Alien, to make sure that it works without Alien installed.
    MPlayer is provided by SSOTS, and the one that works well for aac/aac+ is called Mplayer-stdout

For others who might want to try it on the Qnap (using SSOTS), I did the following:

I've set up a network share to the Squeezecentre directory, so that I can get to in from Windows.
    I downloaded the zip file version of the AACPlus Plugin (windows version) as it is easier to extract on my Windows Laptop.
    I opened up the zip file and under Plugins I found the AACPlus Folder.
    I coppied the AACPlus folder into the Plugins Folder under SqueezeCenter.
    I amended the Custom-Convert.conf in the AACPlus folder according to the SSOTS FAQ
    Basically I commented out all the existing lines and replaced them with.

mov wav * *
    [mplayer-stdout] -really-quiet -vc null -vo null -cache 128 -af volume=0,resample=44100:0:1,channels=2 -ao pcm:nowaveheader:file=- $FILE$ 2>/dev/null

aap wav * *
    [mplayer-stdout] -ac faad -demuxer aac -really-quiet -vc null -vo null -cache 64 -af volume=0,resample=44100:0:1,channels=2 -ao pcm:nowaveheader:file=- $FILE$ 2>/dev/null

Note. The mov section is to play aac files on my hard drive.
    Also I left out the conversion rules for converting to FLAC and mp3, as I don't use these.
    They take more processing power, and mp3 doesn't work on my Qnap anyway.

Oh and finaly, the changes don't actually work untill you restart SqueezeCenter.
    Last edited by RichardEvans; 2008-12-02 at 03:02.

Hi

Could you please clarify whehter you have M4A working with 7.3? The most I get is a message saying (buffering 0%) followed by no audio.

Thanks
    Markus
    Last edited by markushk; 2008-12-20 at 22:23.