Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulkeeper View Post
    Please do post the link. Du väckte min nyfikenhet, og jag läser svenska bättre än jag skriver det.
    yes i did not find all old links

http://www.lts.a.se/pub/artiklar/ns10/YamahaNS10.pdf

it's from LTS

There was a whole line of forum post I just can't find the relevant ones anymore sorry .
    The dividing line is that some believes that a sound engineer can use this speaker anyway because they are familiar with it's flaws .
    And "of-course" check with larger main monitors etc.

Btw
    They have an compression analyzer for assesing loudness war records.
    http://www.lts.a.se/lts/masvis
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (in storage SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Thank you.

For those of you who don't read Swedish well, I found out that it's possible to run it through Google Translate for your enjoyment(?). The English translation is kind of broken, but if you throw enough time & goodwill at it, I reckon you'll get the gist of it.

it was a bit tongue in cheek too

Engineers can sometimes use weird speakers , Auratones anyone ?
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    it was a bit tongue in cheek too

Engineers can sometimes use weird speakers , Auratones anyone ?
    auratones are used for a couple of purposes.

often run as a single speaker, in mono...

the reason being if your mixes sound amazing in mono, they will sound INCREDIBLE when mixed to stereo. so often we check things in mono just to see. getting things mono compatible is crucial for a good mix.

also... auratones are very good at mimicing the sound/response of consumer equipment.. so if we get things sounding great on these..again, they are gonna be superb on real speakers
    Vortexbox>SBT(stock)>>Forssell MDAC-2>>>Klein and Hummell 0300D

Sota Sapphire/Lyra Kleos>>Bespoke Valve Phono Stage>>Mastersound Due Venti>>Link Audio K100

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by TheOctavist View Post
    also... auratones are very good at mimicing the sound/response of consumer equipment.. so if we get things sounding great on these..again, they are gonna be superb on real speakers
    :-/ why not make it soud as good as it can, to present the music as good as possible ?
    My acoustic is a bit daft , but I rarely owned such speakers looks like what comes with a 70's compact stereo. me thinks the lowest common demeanour have moved a bit .
    And btw it is a bit like the loudness war ? Why adapt the sound for consumers that don't care for sound quality at all a very weird practice ?
    Make it sound better on crap stereo owned by people who could not care less ?
    If mixed to sound good on more able speakers we audiophiles would be happier and the others won't notice ( maybe when their cones fall out of thier speakers )

But mono is needed otherwise nothing would sound good in Radio or similar equipment

Quote Originally Posted by jean2 View Post
    I have been using the old A5 connected to a Touch for more than one year, but I have no experience with new A5+. My old A5 does the auto sleep, after something like 5 min of inactivity, you hear the speaker pop as the amp switches off. From memory, they still consume 1 or 2 W after going in auto-sleep. The annoying thing with the A5 is that the blue led still stay on solid after going in auto-sleep.

The A5 has two 3.5mm jack input, I would have preferred the RCA input of the A5+.

I find incredible that auto-sleep is no longer listed as a feature of the A5+. Good eye catching that, I would have assumed that they would have carried over this essential function. I would send an e-mail to AudioEngine themselves to verify the availability of that feature.
    Just to let you know what Audioengine replied about the A5+:

Here's some power consumption and sleep function info for the A5+;

Idle: 10W
    Mute: 6W
    Sleep: 4W

The idle mode would be automatic when no music is playing, the lights will remain on and solid and nothing needs to be done to resume audio playback. The mute and sleep mode can be initiated with the remote control and will reduce power consumption even more when not in use, these each have there own way of blinking the indicator light to let you know they are in a deep sleep mode, you would need to use the remote, or the front panel volume control to bring the set out of these deep sleep modes to resume playback. It's perfectly fine however to simply let them Idle when not in use.

Can I add AVI ADM40s to the list?

I've just bought a pair and they're extraordinary (I had the ADM9Ts already).
    Last edited by Phileas; 2012-06-20 at 02:29.
    Phileas

Lounge:(PC>)SB3/ATV2(via iPad2)>AVI ADM40
    Study/Gym:(PC>)Touch>AVI ADMRSS
    Library:PC>Benchmark DAC1>Sennheiser HD580
    Bedroom:(PC>)Boom

Quote Originally Posted by Phileas View Post
    Can I add AVI ADM40s to the list.

Sure, why not.

although Ash's marketing isnt too popular
    Vortexbox>SBT(stock)>>Forssell MDAC-2>>>Klein and Hummell 0300D

Sota Sapphire/Lyra Kleos>>Bespoke Valve Phono Stage>>Mastersound Due Venti>>Link Audio K100

Quote Originally Posted by TheOctavist View Post
    Sure, why not.

although Ash's marketing isnt too popular
    That's alright - I'm not Ash.
    Phileas

Lounge:(PC>)SB3/ATV2(via iPad2)>AVI ADM40
    Study/Gym:(PC>)Touch>AVI ADMRSS
    Library:PC>Benchmark DAC1>Sennheiser HD580
    Bedroom:(PC>)Boom

Quote Originally Posted by Phileas View Post
    Can I add AVI ADM40s to the list?

I'd love to hear what you think of them, I've fancied a pair of the ADM9T's with a Sub, but now having seen these, I'm really intrested in them. They are a big price hike, so they would have to be a quantum improvement for me to justify the extra cost. I see that at the moment, they are made to order, but you can go to ADM to audition them.
    If you could post some pictures of these speakers, it would be very helpful in seeing the quality of finish.
    Squeezebox: Classic/SB3, Duet,(Controller x2) Boom x3, Radio and Touch x3
    Server: Noah Blk Mini-ITX Case, Intel D945GCLF2 Atom 330 Motherboard, 2 GB 667 RAM, X2 Western Digital Scorpio Blue 500GB 2.5" H/D's Internal.
    Ext Backup #1: DAS 200 with X2 Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB H/D's Raided.
    Ext Backup #2: External USB Hardrive using GoodSync (Backup program).
    Ripper: dBpoweramp. (Installed on WHS & Win7)
    Running 24/7 Looks good and works well!