Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

playlists with special charaters not scanning properly

hello guys! (special greetings to flipflip for his great work on SSOTS! :-)

i have been running:

SqueezeCenter Version: 7.2 - 22900 @ Tue Aug 26 10:59:02 PDT 2008 - Linux - EN - utf8
    Server IP address: 192.168.0.102
    Perl Version: 5.8.8 armv5tejl-linux-thread-multi
    MySQL Version: 5.0.27
    Platform Architecture: armv5tejl-linux
    Hostname: Turbonas
    Server Port Number: 9001
    Total Players Recognized: 3

on a qnap TS409 pro with FW 2.1.0 Build 0904T with SSOTS 3.15 for some time now.

everything is working *except* that playlists containing files with special characters in them are not scanning properly. i have tracks with german, hungarian, romanian and icelandic characters in them (all latin, though).
    (playlists and audio files can be provided if they help).

here are the symptoms:

-> search function works fine. i can search for sig˙r ros and/or ┴gŠtis Byrjun and get exact results.

-> display of tags and files in web interface and on my squeezboxes works perfectly.

-> the same file will get rejected in a playlist in that it does not show up. the result is that an example playlist (say, "style vocal.m3u") will show 624 tracks in winamp, but only 562 tracks in squeezecenter.

-> the odd thing is that if i open the playlist *while* scanning the playlists - all 624 tracks will appear and be playable on the squeezebox! even the ones with special characters! but as soon as the next parts of the scan (merge various artists, DB cleanup etc.) run, the count drops back to 562 - as if the special character files are somehow removed from the DB!?

this is frustrating me and my GF no end, since we almost only use playlist to access our collection and this means we are missing a lot ov great songs everytime.

we used to run SC 7.0 on a windows box, and it did not seem to have that problem (even though we may just not have noticed it).

any thoughts are muchly appreciated!

dom

ps. my SSOTS "settings" say i am running de_DE UTF-8 as a locale, which according to SSOTS was set correctly. but SC 7.2 (see above) says EN - utf8. is that the way it is supposed to be?

pps. oh, i already tried re-setting the locale in SSOTS, re-started SC7.2 and completely re-scanned everything. that did not seem to fix anything.
    Last edited by dcote; 2008-10-16 at 06:01.

update: just found this bug: http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=4578 and voted for it.

which seems to be exactly what i am experiencing. d**n, this is *urgent*. hope someone fixes it SOON!

update 2: i also discovered that special char tracks are showing up double in my DB now - provided they are included in a playlist. when i try to play them, one of the entries plays, the other does not - SC just does nothing.

and at least i am not the only one experiencing this: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=48623
    Last edited by dcote; 2008-10-17 at 00:20.