Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    egd
    Quote Originally Posted by henjrn View Post
    Product Information says : N5200
    That'd explain the relative performance, most of us are using the 5200PRO. Don't go by the LCD though, it oesn't differentiate between the 5200 & the PRO. Anyone else using the 5200 tried it with a Duet and SC running on the NAS?

Quote Originally Posted by egd View Post
    That'd explain the relative performance, most of us are using the 5200PRO. Don't go by the LCD though, it oesn't differentiate between the 5200 & the PRO. Anyone else using the 5200 tried it with a Duet and SC running on the NAS?
    I run SC 7.2 on a N5200 with the Duet and can confirm it can be a little 'slow' now and again loading album art.
    Its not unusable by any means but if you are scrolling through a long list of albums the artwork can occasionally take 2-3 seconds to appear and overwrite the album art placeholders.

It has never 'frozen' on me though.
    I can still scroll as fast as I like through the lists, just when I stop scrolling the album art takes a few seconds to appear.

My N5200 has had its memory upgraded to 512MB as well. Don't know whether that makes any difference.

I did a test recently and loaded up SC 7.2 on a laptop (1.5 Processor Ghz, 1 GB RAM).
    Album art display is pretty much instantaneous when the duet is connected to it.