Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Boom does not wakeup server via WOL

My boom does not wakeup the server, the wakingup message appears on the screen when selecting connect to Squeezenetwork, but nothing happens with the server.
    My SB3, which is on the same (wireless) network, has no problems with waking up the server.

edit: I made a mistake here, it says squeezenetwork, but i meant squeezecenter
    Last edited by raven22; 2008-10-04 at 09:09.

WOL with wireless network ?

I always thought that the waking-up feature was not possible with a wireless networks because magic packets were filtered by the wireless router...
    Am I wrong ?
    Yamaha RXV4600-SB3 digital out-Focal JMLab Chorus 826V-SB boom in the bedroom

I guess you are because in my setup it works, well with the SB3 it does. Not with the Boom.

Then I'll do some tests with the SB3... and the boom !
    Yamaha RXV4600-SB3 digital out-Focal JMLab Chorus 826V-SB boom in the bedroom

Hi there

raven22: Only if a player tries to connect to SC a WOL packet is sent, but not if it tries to connect to SN. Also you need to connect once to SC successfully (so the player can learn the PC's MAC address running SC) before it works.

powaq: Only the PC running SC needs to be wired, the device sending the WOL packet can be wired or wireless.

Felix
    Programming is the art of cleverly arranging bits and bytes. - (c) Felix Mueller

You're right, but i put it wrong in the first post. I has to be Squeezecenter.
    Boom will not wakeup the squeezecenter-server, while my SB3 does.

Hi there

SB3 and Boom use the same code in firmware to issue a WOL packet so I assume it must have something to do with how your Boom is connected to your network.

You could also try to factory reset your Boom, maybe something got confused. This should actually not be necessary as a player learns the MAC address of the PC running SC automatically when it connects to SC, but it might be worth trying.

Felix
    Programming is the art of cleverly arranging bits and bytes. - (c) Felix Mueller

resetting did the trick, thanks

I remember seeing a bug somewhere whereby if you change the Squeezecenter server nad use a new Ip address the MAC address does not get updated. Could this have been the problem as I assume a reset would mean a re-learning of MAC address?
    Paul

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Squeeze Server 7.6 on Windows 2008 R2
    SB3 x1, SBB (Squeezebox Boom) x1, SBR (Squeezebox Radio with battery) x1, SBT (Squeezebox Touch) x1
    RIP - dBpowerAMP R13 to FLAC
    ID3 Tags - MP3Tag v2.41 and Discogs
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~