Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Priceless!!!

Priceless!!!

For anyone following the avilability thread you may have seen quite a few comments about lack of communication over delivery dates. Well look what just turned up in my Inbox:

We hope you are enjoying your Squeezebox or Transporter. At Logitech, our first priority is you — our customer. We want to make sure your experience with Logitech has been a good one and that you are satisfied with your purchase. So we created a quick survey so you can tell us what you think. Your input is invaluable.

Take the survey now!

We realize you had a choice, and the choice you made was Logitech. Thank you. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
    Michael Valera
    Online Communities Manager
    Logitech Streaming Media Business Unit
    www.slimdevices.com

P.S. If there is ever anything we can do to help, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Support Team at www.logitech.com/support.
    Paul

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Squeeze Server 7.6 on Windows 2008 R2
    SB3 x1, SBB (Squeezebox Boom) x1, SBR (Squeezebox Radio with battery) x1, SBT (Squeezebox Touch) x1
    RIP - dBpowerAMP R13 to FLAC
    ID3 Tags - MP3Tag v2.41 and Discogs

But he wasn't asking about your Boom. He was asking about your Squeezebox or Transporter.

I hope you were nice.
    :-)

MC
    Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known
    Last.fm/user/ModelCitizen

They may not've recovered from my survey yet. I'm amazed that I didn't swear. I gave them a right lambasting though and a lot of nil points.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_B View Post
    For anyone following the avilability thread you may have seen quite a few comments about lack of communication over delivery dates. Well look what just turned up in my Inbox:
    All you folks that are waiting for Booms need to get over it. They will be there when they get there. No amount of communication is going to change that. The big mail order and Internet order places have probably sold more Booms then have been manufactured to date. The Result: delays in delivery of Booms.

All the whining in the world is not going to change that. The Boom is a great product and it is worth waiting for. I know having to wait is not easy, but look at the bright side, if it wasn’t such a wonderful product nobody would be buying it and there would be no wait.

So having to wait is a good thing!
    iPhone
    Media Room:
    ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
    Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
    Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
    Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
    Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
    Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
    Ford Thunderbird: Duet, Mac Mini
    Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive

From what I remember from when I had to do statistics, feedbacks like that rarley make it in to the final statistic. They know that you had a grudge if you gave them nearly all 1's. Best thing to do is to give them 2s and a couple of 3s and 4s (From 10 of course).

iPhone,

It was not the fact of waiting for the Squeezebox Boom it was the complete lack of information or communication even when service tickets were raised. That is my beef.

If I were a new SB custeomer and deciding between a Boom and something else, by now I would have cancelled and gone elsewhere.
    Paul

Squeeze Server 7.6 on Windows 2008 R2
    SB3 x1, SBB (Squeezebox Boom) x1, SBR (Squeezebox Radio with battery) x1, SBT (Squeezebox Touch) x1
    RIP - dBpowerAMP R13 to FLAC
    ID3 Tags - MP3Tag v2.41 and Discogs

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_B View Post
    iPhone,

It was not the fact of waiting for the Squeezebox Boom it was the complete lack of information or communication even when service tickets were raised. That is my beef.

If I were a new SB custeomer and deciding between a Boom and something else, by now I would have cancelled and gone elsewhere.
    Yeah your right and I understand that point. But again the reality is that all the communication in the world can never fix the fact that they just can't make and ship them fast enough.

I guess from my point of view, one starts getting tired of seeing all the posts about when the Boom will be available in X country. Because in the end, it will be available when it is available and not one second before. And if somebody gives in or breaks down giving a date or a "maybe two weeks", nobody can help us if that date passes without product as it starts all over again.

Do I think some sales have been missed due to lack of inventory, I do. But it is that way for all devices in high demand.

Speaking of high demand, people here in Atlanta are having to wait up to 2 hours just to be allowed to buy $30 worth of gas. The idiot gas stations don't understand that putting a limit on it just makes the shortage worse. Instead of filling up once and not needing gas for the rest of the week, people have to get in line again sooner wasting another 2 hours mid week. Of course they are only thinking of themselves because if they run out of gas in three hours allowing full fill-ups, they loss all the smokes and beer sales.
    iPhone
    Media Room:
    ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
    Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
    Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
    Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
    Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
    Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
    Ford Thunderbird: Duet, Mac Mini
    Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone View Post
    All you folks that are waiting for Booms need to get over it. They will be there when they get there. No amount of communication is going to change that. The big mail order and Internet order places have probably sold more Booms then have been manufactured to date. The Result: delays in delivery of Booms.

All the whining in the world is not going to change that. The Boom is a great product and it is worth waiting for. I know having to wait is not easy, but look at the bright side, if it wasn’t such a wonderful product nobody would be buying it and there would be no wait.

So having to wait is a good thing!
    I don't think it's the waiting that has annoyed people, at least not for me anyway, as you say "it is worth waiting for". It's the broken promises that have left the bitter taste in the mouth. We were given dates of the 3rd, 9th, 18th for delivery and each date was broken. Now these aren't suppliers giving out these dates, it's Logitech themselves giving the dates. These are the people who should KNOW when the shipments are coming in. If someone had said right at the start that the delivery dates in the UK were going to be 29th Sept, that would have been fine - the thrill of anticipation is good for the soul :-)

"All the whining in the world is not going to change that." may be not but if you don't let people know there is a problem they can't fix it.

Now it might be that Logitech management (EMEA) just don't care about their customers and couldn't care about their opinions, it's only a bunch of whinging Poms after all. The guys in the US do - they've been here talking to us, helping us, but EMEA/UK have been conspicious by their absence. But not caring about your customers is not a good thing, especially at the moment. Imagine for instance if the Register had a run an article entitled "Logitech - Boom but no Bang!" about how Logitech couldn't supply goods to it's customers and about how it's kept missing it's delivery dates. You know the sort of thing - storyline, interviews with disgruntled customers, requests to Logitech for comment met with stony silience. And then the speculation starts, may be Logitech is in trouble and actually can't supply the goods, maybe their cash flow isn't so good, with all the banks going under maybe they can't get finance, the share price starts to drop .... and guess what, the management suddenly get real interested in the whinging Poms. And all for the sake of a little communication. Sometimes all it takes is for someone to say "Sorry, we are trying to get it sorted out, this is what's happened ..."

Well that is pretty unfair IMO. The NPS (Net Promoter Score) survey was asking you about your experience with the product, not your purchase.

I hope you at least included some textual feedback to put your scores in context.

And BTW, these surveys are read at the highest levels of Logitech. So no matter what your feedback is, good or bad, we are hearing it.

Mike
    Michael Valera
    Internet Marketing Manager
    Corsair.com

Quote Originally Posted by mvalera View Post
    Well that is pretty unfair IMO. The NPS (Net Promoter Score) survey was asking you about your experience with the product, not your purchase.

Mike
    I've just received the "Customer Survey".

Which product do you want us to register? The one we haven't received yet????

kidstypike