Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 445 of 456 FirstFirst ... 345395435443444445446447455 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,450 of 4556
    Quote Originally Posted by diddy View Post
    it shows the time as gmt as per the touch settings for gmt(although in the uk we are at gmt+1)
    So if the time on your touch is wrong it cannot be getting its time from the server. How did you set the Touch to GMT?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Well either there is a different way to set the timezone or the synology port of Perl is broken and doesn't support "localtime" properly. Either way it is a system specific issue as the timezone is not being passed to the plugin..
    thanks for your replies,however,this just gets more curious! i've reset everything to gmt,rebooted,restarted and now for example bbc iplayer>radio 3>wednesday>performance on 3 now listed on the touch as 20.30 not 19.30 as it should, whereas in my original post that programme showed on the touch as 18.30!!!

thanks for your replies,however,this just gets more curious! i've reset everything to gmt,rebooted,restarted and now for example bbc iplayer>radio 3>wednesday>performance on 3 now listed on the touch as 20.30 not 19.30 as it should, whereas in my original post that programme showed on the touch as 18.30!!!
    i should also have mentioned that the touch clock on screensaver shows the correct time.

i should also have mentioned that the touch clock on screensaver shows the correct time.
    I presume the Touch time did not change when you changed the timezone - this would show the Touch gets time from LMS but it is not concerned with timezone. The plugin is dealing with time arithmetic where the timezone is required.

I presume the Touch time did not change when you changed the timezone - this would show the Touch gets time from LMS but it is not concerned with timezone. The plugin is dealing with time arithmetic where the timezone is required.
    well i don't know what's happened but my touch is now showing the correct times for bbc programme listings in iplayer

many thanks for your help if someone has had a tinker in the plugin or........

well i don't know what's happened but my touch is now showing the correct times for bbc programme listings in iplayer

many thanks for your help if someone has had a tinker in the plugin or........
    Nothing has changed in the code - I expect a cache of some sort expired or system time was refetched from a time server.

iPlayer only working on Touch?

I'm using an embarrassingly old Win XP machine for LMS, it does very little else nowadays.

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1492077569
    Operating system: Windows XP - EN - cp1252
    Platform Architecture: 586
    Perl Version: 5.14.1 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread

I'm using iPlayer plugin 1.5.2

This works great thanks, but only on my Touch, it won't work on my Duet or either of my two Classics.
    I think ( but can't be sure now, sorry) that it was working on all machines when first installed some months ago.

Has something changed?
    I changed "seconds to delay" to one minute upon other recommendations in this thread. Still no joy.
    Apologies if I've missed something obvious, can anyone guide me to a solution?

On the LMS web page, the artwork is there, the info is there, and it thinks it is playing, the timer counts up.

Same behavior for both "live" and "listen again".

A few questions for clarity if I may....
    What can the Touch do natively that the others fail to manage?
    The preferences for stream are set as Dash>HLS>MP3>FlashAAC, these I assume are simply incoming, so could I set to just Dash now? are the others still streamed by BBC?
    Is it accurate to say... The incoming Dash stream is actually a Dash "wrapped" AAC which you need to rewrap using embedded ffmpeg on the host server in order to deliver to your squeezeboxes in an AAC form (or pcm/flac) they can play natively. ?

Thanks, P
    XP, yes seriously!
    Listen - SB1,2xSB2,2xSB3,Duet,Touch.
    Control - Ipeng, standard Logitech app on Android Tablet & Phone, O2 Joggler

The Touch can play AAC natively, whereas the Classics and Duet need to transcode it (probably to FLAC). There's an option in iPlayer plugin for whether to allow transcoding, make sure you haven't turned that off.

Others will probably suggest playing some non iPlayer AAC streams to see where the fault is. I don't know where those streams are.

Quote Originally Posted by Editorp View Post
    I'm using iPlayer plugin 1.5.2

This works great thanks, but only on my Touch, it won't work on my Duet or either of my two Classics.
    I think ( but can't be sure now, sorry) that it was working on all machines when first installed some months ago.

Has something changed?
    The main difference between a Touch and Classic/Duet is that Touych can play AAC natively and Classic/Duet need transcoding by LMS.

Check the BBCiPlayer setting and make sure "allow transcoding" is checked. If it is check then check using step belwo to make sure transcoding on your system is working.

If your classic can play an AAC http stream such as http:/www.somafm.com/illstreet64.pls - then transcoding on LMS is OK and problem is elsewhere.

Check the BBCiPlayer setting and make sure "allow transcoding" is checked. If it is check then check using step belwo to make sure transcoding on your system is working.

If your classic can play an AAC http stream such as http:/www.somafm.com/illstreet64.pls - then transcoding on LMS is OK and problem is elsewhere.
    Thanks Both for your prompt replies,

++Now fixed, reply included in case others have similar issue++

"Allow transcoding" was already checked.

The AAC http stream you posted would not play, even on my Touch! ( will play fine on macbook using iTunes, just to check I could get the feed)
    I popped the entire address into "tune in URL" box.

However, with this suggested test in mind I put in "http://stream-uk1.radioparadise.com/aac-128", this, and the 320k AAC work on touch but not other players.
    So my issue it appears is not with the iPlayer app, but with my ability to instruct my players to transcode.

Going to settings/advanced/File Format....

For AAC streams, I disable native AAC and enable flac and PCM, sure enough my Touch stops working too. (try to resist thinking..."well it would, you bloody idiot"!)

It appears I am indeed missing the transcode function.
    I looked for "faad.exe", and it was there where it should be, however I replaced it anyway with the new version linked to in the PasTim guide and all came good.

Now I think that was my fix, like an idiot (twice) I didn't just restart the entire machine to see if it came good in the first place, I did restart having replaced "faad" assuming this would help in some indexing kind of way. So it could well be that the simple restart sorted it, or it could be that the new "faad" worked.

Thanks for contributions that guided me to my fix, and huge thanks to the continuing support for the whole Squeezebox system from the regulars, you know who you are, and it is very much appreciated.
    (particularly by my wife who can listen again to Vaughan Williams from the other nights BBC3 Concert on the Kitchen Classic).

Best wishes,
    P
    XP, yes seriously!
    Listen - SB1,2xSB2,2xSB3,Duet,Touch.
    Control - Ipeng, standard Logitech app on Android Tablet & Phone, O2 Joggler