Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 42 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by knigma View Post
    Any idea what this means and how to fix this pleases? faad is installed and works.
    Don't understand this at present - could you start a new thread and post the output of plugin.bbciplayer.rtmp debugging.

Thanks.

The SC is trying to do faad->lame i.e. AAC->MP3

Have you got lame installed ?
    Have you bit rate limiting enabled ? if so what is the limit ?
    Have you disabled any of the AAC settings in WebUI Settings/Advanced/Filetypes ?

LAME 32bits version 3.98.2 installed and working.
    No Filetypes disabled and in particular AAC to FLAC, MP3 and WAV are all enabled using faad/flac, faad/lame or just faad.

No bit rate limiting

I've tried a couple of streams with the requested debugging:

http://www.knigma.org.uk/scratch/plu...layer.rtmp.txt

I'll take any follow-up to a new thread as requested.

Can you get a log using player.source set to DEBUG.

From this log can you check the SC is using the SC supplied faad and not a FreeBSD one.

I use the FreeBSD port (audio/squeezecenter), as I have done for many years. This depends on the FreeBSD audio/faad port which is a pretty stock faad2-2.7. I don't think the FreeBSD port installs any binaries of its own.

Do I need a patch for faad?

PS: I'm happy to provide an ssh login and access to my squeezecenter port 9000 from a nominated IP if that helps? If so please mail me directly at markk at knigma.org
    Last edited by knigma; 2009-08-26 at 02:22.

There are patches to faad to support streamed input so the SC supplied faad is different to stanard faad

The patches can eb found here

http://svn.slimdevices.com/slim/7.3/trunk/vendor/faad2/

Just rechecked original log you posted -

1. I was mistaken about using lame and mp3
    2. Your SC is using standard faad and flac.

To support streams - there is patched version of flac and a patched version of faad.

If you use standard Flac - I think any stream (not just AAC) that gets transcoded into Flac will stop after a few hours of playing. The exact time will depend on the stream speed.

This info should be fed back into the Freebsd audio/suqeezecenter maintainer.
    Last edited by bpa; 2009-08-26 at 03:00. Reason: Added feedback comment

Thanks. That patch has certainly changed the behavior. I'll test tonight and report. Has the patch been passed upstream or should I just try to get them included in the FreeBSD port?

Looking at your plugin debugs, the connections are being closed before they are fully connected, so there is something ending early. I hope we have diagnoised it ok as the faad implementation - let us know.

Otherwise there are 96 downloads of the new version - is anyone else having any issues?

Do the AAC streams sound better?

Hi Triode,
    I guess I am in the right thread... I run BBC iPlayer (v0.9) since yesterday, I only lightly tested with Radio 1 (replays) and it seems running fine on SC 7.3.3/linux. This from France.

Perhaps, if I am not in the wrong thread, you could revisit its title, which still says "UK only" ?