Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 456 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    This is brilliant for a v0.1 plugin . Co-incidentally I was just setting up my newly delivered Boom and have been having some problems with the Alien BBC streams (no doubt my own fault). After searching on the forum I came across this, installed it in a couple of minutes, and it's now streaming very nice quality BBC audio. Looking forward to how this plugin develops, but so far it's already very useful indeed.

getting an empty playlist error

Ive installed and can naviate menus etc but when i play i get this on the squeezecentre play menu
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/licence...statuscode=403 and on the player it compains about an empty playlist

here are the server details
    SqueezeCenter Version: 7.2 - 22983 @ Sun Aug 31 02:02:59 PDT 2008 - Windows Server 2003 - EN - cp1252

Platform Architecture: 586

Hostname: HPSERVER

Server Port Number: 9000

any thoughts?

@kidstypike - Do you have any other 3rd party plugins installed successfully? If not then I suspect you haven't quite got the files unziped into the right place. Is there a C:\Program Files\squeezeCenter\server\Plugins\BBCiPlayer\Plug in.pm file?
    The path is exactly as you typed.
    Yes I have - C:\Program Files\squeezeCenter\server\Plugins\BBCiPlayer\Plug in.pm file (599 bytes)
    Yes I have Alien BBC, Music Info Screen, Lazy Search 2, Lyrics, Retro Browser, all working no problem.
    Thanks for your time.

kidstypike

Quote Originally Posted by gandt View Post
    Ive installed and can naviate menus etc but when i play i get this on the squeezecentre play menu
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/licence...statuscode=403 and on the player it compains about an empty playlist

here are the server details
    SqueezeCenter Version: 7.2 - 22983 @ Sun Aug 31 02:02:59 PDT 2008 - Windows Server 2003 - EN - cp1252

Platform Architecture: 586

Hostname: HPSERVER

Server Port Number: 9000

any thoughts?
    I'm guessing it's reporting an HTTP error code of 403 (access forbidden). Are you trying to access the stream from outside of the UK? I believe the MP3 streams are locked to 'UK' IP addresses.
    Last edited by Paul Shields; 2008-09-30 at 12:15.

nope in the uk

I am in the UK on a normal ISP (tiscali) and not streaming in any odd way - ive used iplayer in the past successfully...
    Last edited by gandt; 2008-09-30 at 12:23. Reason: typo

I've updated the plugin attached to the first post to fix the problem playing other streams. The update also includes Mick's icon - thanks.

@gandt - please upgrade your version of SqueezeCenter to the minimum one specified (your's is too old I am afraid!)

Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    I've updated the plugin attached to the first post to fix the problem playing other streams. The update also includes Mick's icon - thanks.
    Aha! This has now fixed my Alien BBC streams. Thanks!

Does the iPlayer offer any live feeds or is it all listen again stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    OK, I've found the problem.

I don't know where the blame lies, but the .zip file I downloaded and installed this morning was only 8KB, and DIDN'T contain the HTML folder!

I downloaded it using the Opera browser, when I found that I could not get it to work, I had another go at downloading it using Firefox, with the same result, it didn't work. Your recent message stating that you had updated the link, made me have yet another go, the .zip was 28KB, and I knew I would be in business!!

Seems like there may be others out there with the same problem as me.

Thanks for the the plugin by the way.

kidstypike

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Shields View Post
    Does the iPlayer offer any live feeds or is it all listen again stuff?
    This is only for listen again streams. Live feeds are not available in high bitrates which can be received by the player - only the low bitrate wma streams which are on Staff Picks. Hopefully the BBC will improve the bitrates of the live streams in future.