Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 446 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Just tried this on SoftSqueeze, I get:

"ERROR: NO ITEMS FOUND IN PLAYLIST"

...for all stations.

I'll try on my hardware players when I get home.

I can't seem to get the plugin to work.

I installed the latest nightly - SqueezeCenter Version: 7.2.1 - 23323 @ Tue Sep 30 02:02:40 PDT 2008 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252.

Downloaded and extracted the BBCiPlayer .zip to - C\Program Files\squeezeCenter\server\Plugins.

In the web UI > Settings > Plugins, BBC iPlayer (v0.1) is there, and checked, although there are no 'Settings' to play with.

There is nothing under Internet Radio in the web UI, the Controller, or the SB3 display.

Woud appreciate any help.

kidstypike

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    I can't seem to get the plugin to work.

I installed the latest nightly - SqueezeCenter Version: 7.2.1 - 23323 @ Tue Sep 30 02:02:40 PDT 2008 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252.

Downloaded and extracted the BBCiPlayer .zip to - C\Program Files\squeezeCenter\server\Plugins.

In the web UI > Settings > Plugins, BBC iPlayer (v0.1) is there, and checked, although there are no 'Settings' to play with.

There is nothing under Internet Radio in the web UI, the Controller, or the SB3 display.

Woud appreciate any help.

kidstypike
    Did you do a server restart?
    P2 266MHz, ubuntu server 10.04 SBS 7.6.0 - r31284
    AMD64x2 ubuntu 10.04, SBS 7.5.2 - r30889
    Dell 10v WinXP SBS 7.5.2 - r31264
    Dell 10v ubuntu netbook remix 10.04, SBS 7.6.0 - r30830
    Players: Classic, Duet, Boom

Quote Originally Posted by Ramage View Post
    Did you do a server restart?
    Yes, many times.

kidstypike

is this plugin able to make use of the web proxy configured within SqueezeCenter under Advanced/Network/Web Proxy for the actual mp3 stream?

thanks
    Matt
    Last edited by MattC; 2008-09-30 at 08:58.

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    there are no 'Settings' to play with.
    Should there be a 'Settings' to click, on the plugins tab?

kidstypike

menus all okay but no stream plays

when I try to play a something from the BBCiPlayer menu I get this:

Code:
    [08-09-30 18:34:23.8780] Slim::Player::Source::errorOpening (1759) Error: While opening current track, so mark it as already played!
    [08-09-30 18:34:23.8796] Slim::Player::Source::errorOpening (1759) Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Player/Source.pm line 1759)
       frame 1: Slim::Player::Source::errorOpening (/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Player/Squeezebox2.pm line 646)
       frame 2: Slim::Player::Squeezebox2::failedDirectStream (/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Player/Squeezebox2.pm line 362)
       frame 3: Slim::Player::Squeezebox2::directHeaders (/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Networking/Slimproto.pm line 571)
       frame 4: Slim::Networking::Slimproto::_http_response_handler (/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Networking/Slimproto.pm line 421)
       frame 5: Slim::Networking::Slimproto::client_readable (/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 248)
       frame 6: (eval) (/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 248)
       frame 7: Slim::Networking::IO::Select::select (/usr/local/slimserver/slimserver.pl line 557)
       frame 8: main::idleStreams (/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Schema/Playlist.pm line 118)
       frame 9: Slim::Schema::Playlist::_addTracksToPlaylist (/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Schema/Playlist.pm line 45)
       frame 10: Slim::Schema::Playlist::__ANON__ (/usr/local/slimserver/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Schema.pm line 584)
       frame 11: (eval) (/usr/local/slimserver/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Schema.pm line 572)
       frame 12: DBIx::Class::Schema::txn_do (/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Schema/Playlist.pm line 46)
       frame 13: (eval) (/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Schema/Playlist.pm line 39)
       frame 14: Slim::Schema::Playlist::setTracks (/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Player/Playlist.pm line 842)
       frame 15: Slim::Player::Playlist::modifyPlaylistCallback (/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Control/Request.pm line 2068)
       frame 16: (eval) (/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Control/Request.pm line 2068)
       frame 17: Slim::Control::Request::notify (/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Control/Request.pm line 844)
       frame 18: Slim::Control::Request::checkNotifications (/usr/local/slimserver/slimserver.pl line 510)
       frame 19: main::idle (/usr/local/slimserver/slimserver.pl line 481)
       frame 20: main::main (/usr/local/slimserver/slimserver.pl line 1043)
    but I can't see why. I have the latest 7.2 nightly build.

thanks
    Matt

squid proxy

okay, I'm seeing error messages like this:

1222796860.718 4 172.31.62.165 TCP_DENIED/400 1709 GET error:invalid-request - NONE/- text/html

in my squid access.log

so it is trying to use the proxy for the stream, but something isn't quite right....

thanks
    Matt

@Philip - no this version of the plugin won't work with 7.3. I need to do another version for that I am afraid.

@Ramage - yes others have seen this error and it was the reason I updated the plugin. Can you confirm that line 159 is " return $class->SUPER::can('isAudioURL') ? $class->SUPER::isAudioURL($url) : undef;"

@elziko - I would expect that error message if you are not using the very latest version of 7.2.1 - can you confirm the version is 23323 or later?

@MattC - I'm afraid it doesn't support proxies configured in SqueezeCenter - I have not added any specific code for proxies and as it bypasses existing code its probably not going to work at present.

@kidstypike - Do you have any other 3rd party plugins installed successfully? If not then I suspect you haven't quite got the files unziped into the right place. Is there a C:\Program Files\squeezeCenter\server\Plugins\BBCiPlayer\Plug in.pm file?

Excellent!!

Triode

Thanks for this, works great.

I'd second the request for Categories and Live Streams if that's possible(?)

Not sure if this breaks the BBC's copyright (it probably does) but I've generated an iPlayer icon to tidy up the web & controller interfaces:

http://www.ulverston.myzen.co.uk/temp/bbciplayer.png

Mick