Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 456 of 456 FirstFirst ... 356406446454455456
Results 4,551 to 4,559 of 4559
    Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    For some of us, possibly of a certain age (and in my case with a limited memory), it's getting hard. You may have noticed quite a number of people asking for similar information.
    Yes and I keep answering - the following are just the last few weeks but I know I post this regularly..

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post894367
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post894750
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post895647

The trouble is people want to run the latest test version which I only want a limited number of users to test specific features and so I do not put the URL on the top page as they are transient. But some users just read the end of a thread (which is the most active) and so find these transient URLs.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Yes and I keep answering - the following are just the last few weeks but I know I post this regularly..

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post894367
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post894750
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post895647

The trouble is people want to run the latest test version which I only want a limited number of users to test specific features and so I do not put the URL on the top page as they are transient. But some users just read the end of a thread (which is the most active) and so find these transient URLs.
    There are many hundreds of posts on iplayer, and they are hard to search. The ends of threads quickly become the middle, and I for one get lost. Many of us wanted to use flac when it was available, and I'm unsure whether I lose anything, apart from the now non-existent flac version by going 'back'. If there was a summary somewhere I could work it out. Following posts I can't.

I still don't know which of the two repos I mentioned is the 'right' one - I think you said DASH and 1.5.2 quote the same repo, but it seems not, or I have read it wrong?

I don't even know if HLS still works, since DASH is still test, or did I miss something?

I hope you get a flavour of the confusion some of use feel. You may recall I used to try and maintain a summary post fixed to the top of 3rd party software, but it got too out of date, and too many comments, so I do have some idea of your difficulty.

I probably have this all wrong, so I'll just shut up now. Many apologies.
    LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.10, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 17.10 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    There are many hundreds of posts on iplayer, and they are hard to search. The ends of threads quickly become the middle, and I for one get lost. Many of us wanted to use flac when it was available, and I'm unsure whether I lose anything, apart from the now non-existent flac version by going 'back'. If there was a summary somewhere I could work it out. Following posts I can't.
    I have two choices.
    1. Post to existing thread
    2. Create a new thread.

If I create a new thread - people will still post to the old ones - so there is less chance of finding anything and more confusion.

Use of Flac was by definition "bleeding" edge as it was part of BBC Taster - if you want to test you must pay attention. I implemented it (and segment times) as part of a user request. I try to make it as easy as possible. The flac stream is ONLY on the "Radio 3 Flac menu"
    I still don't know which of the two repos I mentioned is the 'right' one - I think you said DASH and 1.5.2 quote the same repo, but it seems not, or I have read it wrong?
    I don't know what is "right" for you - do you want "stable" or "latest version to be tested" such as Flac ? Some people wanted "Flac" so the "right" one is the version with "Flac support" even though it is being tested.

There is only and only ONE repo for stable DASH. It will always deliver the latest stable version - it was 1.5.2 and it isnow 1.5.3 and will be 1.5.x in the future. It will NOT deliver a version that is "fresh" or experimental or has not been used by a few other users.

I don't even know if HLS still works, since DASH is still test, or did I miss something?
    I don't know whether HLS works either - as I said frequently I do not support HLS - this branch of the plugin is about supporting DASH and I have no non LMS way to test BBC HLS (I have no iPhone or iPad).

I hope you get a flavour of the confusion some of use feel. You may recall I used to try and maintain a summary post fixed to the top of 3rd party software, but it got too out of date, and too many comments, so I do have some idea of your difficulty.
    If you want just use the same URL I gave at the start of the 1.5.2 thread. This way life is simple for you.

If you want "latest" / "bleeding" / "may break" then use the other URLs I post from time to time but they will disappear as a new version appear and so you have to pay attention - which means following threads and reading posts. I cannot test for UK users or OSX or Win10 so I must publicise latest versions to get a small group of testers with a spread of systems.

Can I just ask that you edit the 1st of the main iplayer threads you comment on to say if they are meant to be active or not? I still don't really know if the original "BBCiPlayer with DASH support - test version" thread is meant to be ignored or not (it specifies a different URL for the repo even though I thought you said it didn't). And please ask Michael whether he or you can edit the old iPlayer thread similarly.

From what I understand you are saying, it might also help if the 1.5.2 'beta test' thread was renamed, or at least clarified, since previous versions are now defunct (I think).
    LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.10, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 17.10 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

I created a version (currently 1.5.*) of BBCiPlayer which plays the DASH format (which BBC seems to have indicated that DASH would be their preferred format for the future) and incorporated all the patches. To install it you need to install a new repo URL at the end of the LMS WebUI Settings Plugins tab

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pro...lease-repo.xml
    Thanks - I now have it working again using 1.5.3 - it's now playing catchup at 320kbps as well.

Quote Originally Posted by brookheather View Post
    Thanks - I now have it working again using 1.5.3 - it's now playing catchup at 320kbps as well.
    That's the biggest obvious benefit of Dash. HLS provides catchup at 128kbps max. Dash also makes less onerous demands on your broadband, especially for DNS lookups.

If you created a Favorite as London as detailed below, the route would be Favorites->London->BBC London-> Today

Not sure if this is fast enough but no scrolling down - just simple click, click, click.

Create a text file (e.g. called BBCLodon.opml) with the following contents;
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <opml version="1.0">
      <head title="BBC iPlayer">
        <expansionState></expansionState>
      </head>
      <body>
    	  <outline text="BBC London" URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/availability/bbc_london.xml"
    			   parser="Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCXMLParser?byday&amp;bykey&amp;reversedays&amp;reverse" />
      </body>
    </opml>
    Create a Favorite (e.g. callit London) with a "file://" URL with the FULL path to the file (e.g. BBCLondon.opml) . For example on my Ubuntu although from shell I saved the BBCLondon.opml file in /tmp - the URL for the Favorite had to be "file:///mnt/hddrive/tmp/BBCLondon.opml"

To save one step - you could edit the Favorites.opml in the Prefs directory and manually add the lines below but it means stopping and restarting LMS as a live LMS often rewrites files in Prefs.
    Code:
     <outline text="BBC London" URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/availability/bbc_london.xml"
    			   parser="Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCXMLParser?byday&amp;bykey&amp;reversedays&amp;reverse" />
    FYI, just to followup on this. I tool the URI from above an posted it directly in my LMS as the first entry in the LMS favorites. While it messes up the formatting on the LMS browser UI on Chrome, as a favorite it's worked perfectly since I added it. I select it, it brings up todays TODAY iplayer list for BBC London. I select the program I want and it starts.

I'll just hope it keeps working. Thanks for a great idea, and an even better plugin.
    ---------------------------
    http://markcathcart.com/about

Running a ReadyNAS NVX LMS Server, currently 7.9.0; Transporter(Living Room)+Duet Controller; Squeezebox Touch(Master Bedroom), (2x)Boom(Office, Patio), Radio(Guest Bedroom), Classic(garage).
    Also using Squeezeplay on Windows 10. Use Squeeze Ctrl app on Android.

Quote Originally Posted by cathcam View Post
    While it messes up the formatting on the LMS browser UI on Chrome.
    Can you show what you mean - it works OK on my Chrome.

Can you show what you mean - it works OK on my Chrome.

Works perfectly fine on Windows 10 using the current release of Chrome (64bit) ...