Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

QNAP TS-109 & SSOTS/Slimserver

I have a TS-109 which when purchased camed with an older version of the Slimserver software on that still works & is running on port 9001. I have just upgraded the firmware to 2.1.0 Build 0904T & the QPKG for SSOTS looks ok.. SSOTS does not appear to run as I cannot connect to it via port 9099.

Should I remove the older version of Slimserver?
    If so please can someone advise how I do this without loosing all my Mp3 data

Many thanks
    Clive

Quote Originally Posted by syscdm View Post

Should I remove the older version of Slimserver?
    If so please can someone advise how I do this without loosing all my Mp3 data

Many thanks
    Clive
    Yes, you probably should remove the old version. I also had a problem when I installed the QKPG version, as I hadn't properly removed the old version. I didn't have exactly the same problem as you, but I did have a problem.

It may help if you said what version of Slimserver is curently installed. However if it is a SSOTS instalation then there are some uninstall instructions at the bottom of this page.
    http://oinkzwurgl.org/?action=browse...ts;id=ssods_ts

basically you would need to log in using Telnet, and then enter the following command.
    /volume1/SSODS/share/ssods/ssods-ts uninstall

You may well end up comming back hre for more help on how to do this. Good Luck.

Richard.

Edit:
    If it's any help I've just been having a look through the script file and this is the section that removes SSODS.

echo "About to remove SSODS.."
    # FIXME: add more checks etc.
    set +e
    $datadir/SSODS/etc/init.d/rc.ssods stop
    $datadir/SSODS/etc/init.d/thttpd-ssods stop
    $datadir/SSODS/etc/init.d/slimserver stop
    echo "Removing $datadir/SSODS.."
    rm -rf $datadir/SSODS
    rm -f /volume1
    echo "Deleting ssods user.."
    deluser ssods
    # remove hook in autorun.sh
    echo "Removing autostart hook.."
    mount -t ext2 /dev/mtdblock5 /tmp/config
    [ -f /tmp/config/autorun.sh ] && \
    sed -i '/SSODS/d' /tmp/config/autorun.sh
    umount /tmp/config
    echo "Done."
    bye

Also could anybody tell me if there is a simple way to restore this script file, as in the process of reading it using the vi editor I have accidentally corrupted it. Basically the command ":q!" didn't work the way I expected it to work, and I ended up saving some unintentional changes. Also it would have made life a lot easier if I could simply see these files from the windows explorer, then I would have been able to look at a copy of the file instead of reading the original using Telnet. Is there any reason why some files do not appear in Windows.

Richard.
    Last edited by RichardEvans; 2008-09-27 at 10:23.

Thumbs up Fixed

Thanks Richard, now to the next problem.... need to start a new thread!