Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Hybrid View

Boom arriving today...!

To join a household with 3 SB3s and one Duet.

I am excited! :-) I hope it performs well in our house-gym, but it is small enough to be useful anywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by pablolie View Post
    To join a household with 3 SB3s and one Duet.

I am excited! :-) I hope it performs well in our house-gym, but it is small enough to be useful anywhere!
    You'll love it... Don't expect it to have overwhelming bass...but I think it has pretty reasonable bass levels given the size of the package and the size of the drivers...

I've got three Booms myself...and I want more!

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeekiM View Post
    You'll love it... Don't expect it to have overwhelming bass...but I think it has pretty reasonable bass levels given the size of the package and the size of the drivers...

I've got three Booms myself...and I want more!

Have fun!
    Thanks! So have you connected a subwoofer to any of them? Is there a decent, reasonably compact subwoofer out there that complements the Boom well?

My Boom just joined 3 SB3 Classics this week and I absolutely LOVE it! Try it naked before thinking about a sub; I don't think you will need it. Its speakers are very well balanced and sound amazing for such a small device. It's much smaller than I thought it would be and setup was a complete breeze. I plugged it in, and it did the rest. I guess it helped that my home network already has 3 SB3's up and running on it. My only hitch was not figuring out that the little remote needed the plastic wrap taken off the battery which was already installed inside it. Remote wouldn't work (before I figured that step out) so I just used one of my SB3 remotes. Controls the Boom and adds the number keypad for entering your WPA/WEP passwords if you need them.
    The Boom has renewed my interest in and enjoyment of all my Squeezeboxes.

Quote Originally Posted by sc53 View Post
    My Boom just joined 3 SB3 Classics this week and I absolutely LOVE it! Try it naked before thinking about a sub; I don't think you will need it. Its speakers are very well balanced and sound amazing for such a small device. ...
    I just set it up and agree. It is even smaller than I remembered it being. Very portable around the house,and looks very slick, which of course made my SO ask right away if it could be taken around... to which I answered "yes, wherever a squeezecenter lurks in wireless vicinity", but such comments are best appreciated by us true insiders... :-)

The sound is more satisfying than a boombox three times the size that used to cover the area this box is going to take over to prove its mettle. I already know it will shine, but us squeezeslaves putting together the right playlists for the rest of the household is key to success in such areas as the homegym, where it needs to replace said boomboax with a CD-mix collection.

Setup was something I could do with 0.40 BAC given my SB3 background, and wow, DHCP worked right away! Awesome!

This is one slick product and I think a total homerun by Logitech targeting us squeezefolk...

It's the best-sounding thing for its size I've ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by pablolie View Post
    Thanks! So have you connected a subwoofer to any of them? Is there a decent, reasonably compact subwoofer out there that complements the Boom well?
    Nope... It's got pretty good bass all by itself... Don't get me wrong...it's not "shake the tiles off your roof" bass...but it is good enough depending on the size of your room...